Lt. Commander
# 121
07-27-2010, 05:53 AM
I thank all of you for your opinions (even if I disagree with em) and am happy to get so many passionate responses!
Lt. Commander
# 122
07-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Any chance for a Dev post?
Lt. Commander
# 123
07-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Any chance for a Dev post?
I suspect the non-answer is your answer Let it go.
Lt. Commander
# 124
07-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
I suspect the non-answer is your answer Let it go.
Or they just haven't seen it. Faith is important.
Lt. Commander
# 125
07-29-2010, 09:02 PM
They did. You just missed it. See:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I understand why you're saying what you are. However, the bonus items were just that, bonuses, or incentives, and they were exclusive for a time. What you paid for when you bought the Champions Online Lifetime Sub, and the Star Trek Online Lifetime Sub were the ability to play those games for the life of the game, and never have to pay for those games again.

You'll be able to play both of those games for years to come, and to me, that's where the value of the Lifetime Sub lies. It's not in the Mirror Universe Uniform perk, the Liberated Borg Species, or any other special perk.

Meanwhile, lots of other players were wanting some of those items, and missed out on the opportunity to get them. We feel that allowing those players the opportunity to get them is a good thing.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 126
07-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
They did. You just missed it. See:
Cryptic has shown that they like to change their mind about stuff. Go see the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 127
07-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Cryptic has shown that they like to change their mind about stuff. Go see the C-Store.
You asked for the Dev response. That was the response to everyone who wanted compensation for those items.
Lt. Commander
# 128
07-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
You asked for the Dev response. That was the response to everyone who wanted compensation for those items.
This was the response to a question about the C-Store:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
Bill and I have both posted over on the Champions boards to respond to questions raised by microtransactions. I'll just reiterate what's already been copied and pasted from Bill's State of the Game address on Champions:
  • The vast majority are aesthetic items, such as costume pieces, action figures, emblems, etc.
  • A very few are account-level management tools, such as being able to rename a character
  • Micro-transactions should never limit your ability to enjoy the game or reach the level cap
  • Any micro-transaction that has a game effect can also be earned in the game through play

These principles apply also to Star Trek.
They changed that, I hope they change this.
Lt. Commander
# 129
07-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
They changed that, I hope they change this.
I'm pretty sure they don't consider it a change from that policy. As far as they're concerned, so long as you can get an equivalent or better item in game, they've satisfied that stipulation.
Lt. Commander
# 130
07-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure they don't consider it a change from that policy. As far as they're concerned, so long as you can get an equivalent or better item in game, they've satisfied that stipulation.
That is not what is says. It says, if it has an in-game effect, it will can be earned in-game. Not, an equivalent or better, IT can be earned in-game. There is a difference.
Closed Thread