Lt. Commander
# 131
07-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
That is not what is says. It says, if it has an in-game effect, it will can be earned in-game. Not, an equivalent or better, IT can be earned in-game. There is a difference.
And yet, that is not how they have since described the policy, which they insist has not changed.

Regardless of whether or not you or I think it has actually changed, if they do not think they've changed policy, then I would not base your hopes upon it as an example.
Lt. Commander
# 132
07-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
And yet, that is not how they have since described the policy, which they insist has not changed.

Regardless of whether or not you or I think it has actually changed, if they do not think they've changed policy, then I would not base your hopes upon it as an example.
Where, exactly, did they "insist" their policy hasn't changed?
Lt. Commander
# 133
07-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Where, exactly, did they "insist" their policy hasn't changed?
Oh I dunno...maybe when Storm Shade closed that thread that you made a big deal about the misquote in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
What we promised is that any item which does have an in-game effect will also have something of equal power available for free, in-game. We have not broken those promises yet, the refits of the Galaxy, Intrepid and Defiant, will be of equal power to the Galaxy X, which is the only item currently on the c-store which offers a major advantage.
Lt. Commander
# 134
07-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Oh I dunno...maybe when Storm Shade closed that thread that you made a big deal about the misquote in?
He claimed a "misquote", which it most certainly was not.

As for the second statement, that is directly contradicted by their own quote. That means they changed their policy.
Lt. Commander
# 135
07-30-2010, 04:25 PM
guys please...the horse is dead...stop beating it.....that poor horse doesn't deserve this!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 136
07-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
He claimed a "misquote", which it most certainly was not.

As for the second statement, that is directly contradicted by their own quote. That means they changed their policy.
As I said, whether or not you think their policy changed, obviously they do not.
Lt. Commander
# 137
07-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Quote:
As I said, whether or not you think their policy changed, obviously they do not.
That is debatable, the fact that one moderator made a comment, that he didn't fully explain, doesn't count as Cryptic's attitude toward a subject. It counts as the moderator's unexplained comment.

Heck, Jack Emmert, at the 2008 Game Developer's Conference called Microtransactions "The Biggest bunch of nonsense" then in an interview this year praised them.

Lastly, maybe he didn't even know about that quote. He could be referring to another quote. Until they actually say something, this is all conjecture.
Lt. Commander
# 138
07-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:
That is debatable, the fact that one moderator made a comment, that he didn't fully explain, doesn't count as Cryptic's attitude toward a subject. It counts as the moderator's unexplained comment.

Heck, Jack Emmert, at the 2008 Game Developer's Conference called Microtransactions "The Biggest bunch of nonsense" then in an interview this year praised them.

Lastly, maybe he didn't even know about that quote. He could be referring to another quote. Until they actually say something, this is all conjecture.
They did actually say something, and he explained it quite well. StormShade is not the only one to make this kind of statement. Dshtal who is now in charge has explained their policy on that the same way.

But hey, if you want to continue to hope they're going to do a complete 180 and give a whole bunch of people free stuff for no reason, you're welcome to that. It's a free country.
Lt. Commander
# 139
07-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Quote:
They did actually say something, and he explained it quite well. StormShade is not the only one to make this kind of statement. Dshtal who is now in charge has explained their policy on that the same way.

But hey, if you want to continue to hope they're going to do a complete 180 and give a whole bunch of people free stuff for no reason, you're welcome to that. It's a free country.
Applying the same concept too two groups of people with almost the same problem is just so unreasonable.

By the way, where is Mr. Stahl's explanation of their contradictory policy?
Lt. Commander
# 140
07-30-2010, 06:43 PM
While I understand WHY you would feel like this there is nothing Cryptic have done wrong here. It's all just plain old business and this is how the corporate wheel goes.

I have 3 boxes of STO, and I was a LTS pre-order customer and im quite happy to say it doesn't bother me in the slightest that someone may have got a 'better' deal a few weeks/months after I made my initial purchases.

The fact is this, Cryptic had offers and deals for a product they deemed worthy of that price at the time. As time goes by products tend to lose 'quality' over a space of time (general marketing trend) and as such things become cheaper. It was my decision whether I deemed the goods worthy or not at the time to pay for them.

Besides, other than the boxes that I bought for exclusives why would I pay 150 or whatever it was for a Liberated Borg? I paid that cash for the lifetime subscription, the borg was a bonus (which I havnt even used).

Im sorry you dislike the way this has gone but thats just business and im afraid it wont be the only time in you're life you will experience this.
Closed Thread