Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 151
07-31-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnx1701a View Post
I will leave this post because you are right about that and I do apologies for losing my temper (once again itís Saturday and Iím stuck at work and not playing the game I like) but by that same accord you need to stop posting in other threads about the c-store or any of its polices when that thread has nothing to do with it. I really enjoy playing this game but you seem to want nothing more to get people to stop playing. A new person comes in last week and asked how the game is and basically you tell him it mediocre at best then go in to one of your little rants about the c-store. Let people come to their own conclusion on the game and STO. You need to stop going around telling every your opinion like itís facts itís not itís your opinion and everyone is entitled to their opinion but let them make up their own minds. if everyone started doing what you are doing then we would all be SOL on STO because no new players would come (here I am ranting on about your ranting on god I hate working on Saturday)
The OP asked if there was anything he should know about the game. I told him my honest to god impression of the game and Cryptic's policies. He asked, I answered.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
I am not inferring anything. They have repeatedly stated what they think their policy is. Just because you disagree that their clarification of that policy isn't a change in that policy, does not alter the fact that they do not see a conflict or a change having occurred. Why are they going to address something they do not think happened other than to repeat, again, "we have not changed our policy"?

Galaxy X was a different situation, so you really need to get over that.
You are inferring that just because they mention their policy and have never SAID it has been changed, they automatically think it hasn't changed. That is an inference. How do you know internally, it has changed and Stormshade was pointing out the person's "misquote" because it clashed with their new policy? You are inferring they don't think it has changed, when they very well could have. Point out exactly where they have said "We have not changed our policy". You are INFERRING from their statements they are trying to say that.

Their is a slight difference between Gal-X and this, you need to get over that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 152
07-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
You are inferring that just because they mention their policy and have never SAID it has been changed, they automatically think it hasn't changed. That is an inference. How do you know internally, it has changed and Stormshade was pointing out the person's "misquote" because it clashed with their new policy? You are inferring they don't think it has changed, when they very well could have. Point out exactly where they have said "We have not changed our policy". You are INFERRING from their statements they are trying to say that.
How do I know? Because he said so, and I have basic reading comprehension skills. His phrasing is very straightforward and devoid of any words that would suggest there was any kind of policy change.

He says "what we promised was." The "promise" is what you call their policy on items going to the C-store that have in-game effects. That promise, as he outlines it, is that any item that goes into the C-store will be balanced by an equivalent or better in-game item, and thus that player will have no advantage.

He goes on to say "we have not broken that promise yet." Changing the promise (or policy) would have broken it. Since he says they have not broken it, he cannot think they have changed it (unless he is lying, which is an entirely different accusation.)

Note that he does uses the word "we" and not "I", so he is speaking on behalf of a group (i.e. Cryptic) and not just himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Their is a slight difference between Gal-X and this, you need to get over that.
Just a friendly piece of advice, if you want to throw someone's words back at them like this, you want to be sure it will make sense. Since I did not indicate a degree of difference, this quote makes my point for me and then tells me to get over it. That does not make any sense.

A better way to attempt to use my wording would be to say, "I don't care about the difference, and you need to get over that" or "I am not going to accept anything short of a Dev response to me specifically with the specific language I require, and you need to get over that." Or at the very least, despite how childish it would look, you could've gone with "There is no difference, and you need to get over that."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 153
07-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
How do I know? Because he said so, and I have basic reading comprehension skills. His phrasing is very straightforward and devoid of any words that would suggest there was any kind of policy change.

He says "what we promised was." The "promise" is what you call their policy on items going to the C-store that have in-game effects. That promise, as he outlines it, is that any item that goes into the C-store will be balanced by an equivalent or better in-game item, and thus that player will have no advantage.

He goes on to say "we have not broken that promise yet." Changing the promise (or policy) would have broken it. Since he says they have not broken it, he cannot think they have changed it (unless he is lying, which is an entirely different accusation.)

Note that he does uses the word "we" and not "I", so he is speaking on behalf of a group (i.e. Cryptic) and not just himself.
And I was told by Microsoft that "WE", meaning Microsoft would not replace my Xbox. I talked to someone higher up and they did so, shockingly one representative of a company can be wrong.

Once again, you are using one Dev post to act as if it the opinion of every single employee of Cryptic, a flawed INFERENCE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
Just a friendly piece of advice, if you want to throw someone's words back at them like this, you want to be sure it will make sense. Since I did not indicate a degree of difference, this quote makes my point for me and then tells me to get over it. That does not make any sense.

A better way to attempt to use my wording would be to say, "I don't care about the difference, and you need to get over that" or "I am not going to accept anything short of a Dev response to me specifically with the specific language I require, and you need to get over that." Or at the very least, despite how childish it would look, you could've gone with "There is no difference, and you need to get over that."
I already explained to you how I agree that there is a difference but a slight one at best. And if Cryptic acts as if every group of people should be handled if there are differences, they should only handle one person at a time, because there are differences between every person who owns STO. But you can childlishly act as if every logical argument I make is ridiculous, no skin off my back.

But to rephrase' " I will only accept a direct Dev response, not another forum user's interpretation of a Dev's response that doesn't directly answer the request, you need to get over that."

I'm going to leave for today, you may have the last word, because I know how important it is to you to try to squash every opinion you don't like. Have fun
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:14 AM.