Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
07-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
No, they din't lose there Galaxy-X's, yet they recieved $50 worth of "compensation" for the loss of a $25 exclusive, never mind the Holo Boff, the $25 CP, and special tribble they already got.
They did not lose it, you say? So, you did not lose your Borg either then?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
07-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
They did not lose it, you say? So, you did not lose your Borg either then?
As in they didn't take it away and yet they go compensation, why shouldn't the LTS?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
07-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
As in they didn't take it away and yet they go compensation, why shouldn't the LTS?
Because the LTS was part of a package deal, not requiring actual action on your part to recruit people to the game.

Until such time as they have actually taken something from you, which you freely admit they have not, you have no reason to request compensation, I'm afraid.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
07-26-2010, 02:27 PM
To be honest i never understood the difference between:

OMG, people were crazy enough to buy 5 copies of the game to get the galaxy-x, letīs give them a compensation !

And

OMG, people were crazy enough to buy 5 copies of the game to get bonus items, letīs give them a compensation !

Or

OMG, people were crazy enough to buy a LFT sub for a game they donīt want to play to get a uniform for another game, letīs give them a compensation

Seems all the same to me. Either all of those people get compensation or none of them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
07-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
Because the LTS was part of a package deal, not requiring actual action on your part to recruit people to the game.

Until such time as they have actually taken something from you, which you freely admit they have not, you have no reason to request compensation, I'm afraid.
So what you are saying is when one group of people loses there exclusive, they should be compensated, when another loses their exclusive, they deserve nothing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
To be honest i never understood the difference between:

OMG, people are crazy enough to buy 5 copies of the game to get the galaxy-x, letīs give them a compensation !

And

OMG, people were crazy enough to buy 5 copies of the game to get bonus items, letīs give them a compensation !

Or

OMG, people were crazy enough to buy a LFT sub for a game they donīt want to play to get a uniform for another game, letīs give them a compensation

Seems all the same to me. Either all of those people get compensation or none of them.
I totally agree, compensating one while not compensating the others is wrong.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
07-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
As in they didn't take it away and yet they go compensation, why shouldn't the LTS?
UM...Because the LTS cost $280 USD. A monthly subscirption cost $15 a month.

Now if you take the 280 and divide it by 15...you get 18.66 OR 19

280 / 15 = 19

So after 19 months of Game play...you play for FREE. That is the benefit of the LTS. Everything else was just extra icing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
07-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DES_SNIPER View Post
UM...Because the LTS cost $280 USD. A monthly subscirption cost $15 a month.

Now if you take the 280 and divide it by 15...you get 18.66 OR 19

280 / 15 = 19

So after 19 months of Game play...you play for FREE. That is the benefit of the LTS. Everything else was just extra icing.
The benefit of getting 5 people to join the game is that now you have friends to play the game, everything else is just extra icing. That they got compensated for.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
07-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
So what you are saying is when one group of people loses there exclusive, they should be compensated, when another loses their exclusive, they deserve nothing? (it is not up to you to decide who deserves compensation btw)
I'm saying nobody lost their exclusives, as they still have them, and therefore they have no reason to request any compensation.

You freely admit you have lost nothing. What do you need compensation for then?

As for the Gal-X, many of those people were expected to wait until their 5 recruits had gotten through 30 days and resubbed. Since the promotion had barely run a month, that meant others would be able to obtain the item before those that had recruited, even though they had already earned it through work already. Thus, Cryptic compensated them so that they could have it immediately.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
07-26-2010, 02:36 PM
I just wanted to wish you good luck with the compensation thing.

I really hope it works out for ya.







heh......




.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
07-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
I'm saying nobody lost their exclusives, as they still have them, and therefore they have no reason to request any compensation.

You freely admit you have lost nothing. What do you need compensation for then?

As for the Gal-X, many of those people were expected to wait until their 5 recruits had gotten through 30 days and resubbed. Since the promotion had barely run a month, that meant others would be able to obtain the item before those that had recruited, even though they had already earned it through work already. Thus, Cryptic compensated them so that they could have it immediately.
Where did they say that was the purpose, so they could have it immediately?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:56 PM.