Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
07-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
The benefit of getting 5 people to join the game is that now you have friends to play the game, everything else is just extra icing. That they got compensated for.
BECAUSE the demand for the Galaxy X was too great for Crytpic to miss the opportunity to place it in the C-Store. RAF did not lose anything, in fact, they made out for the better. They recieved an EXTRA 2000 CP or $25.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
07-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
The benefit of getting 5 people to join the game is that now you have friends to play the game, everything else is just extra icing. That they got compensated for.
Well said.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
07-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DES_SNIPER View Post
BECAUSE the demand for the Galaxy X was too great for Crytpic to miss the opportunity to place it in the C-Store. RAF did not lose anything, in fact, they made out for the better. They recieved an EXTRA 2000 CP or $25.
And Pre-Order people lost their exclusives because the demand was too great and Cryptic did nothing.

Actually they got an extra $50 on top of their $25 on top of their Holo Boff, Holo Trbble, and Gal-X
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
07-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
I'm saying nobody lost their exclusives, as they still have them, and therefore they have no reason to request any compensation.

You freely admit you have lost nothing. What do you need compensation for then?

As for the Gal-X, many of those people were expected to wait until their 5 recruits had gotten through 30 days and resubbed. Since the promotion had barely run a month, that meant others would be able to obtain the item before those that had recruited, even though they had already earned it through work already. Thus, Cryptic compensated them so that they could have it immediately.
Unfortunately i have to disagree with you on that, the RAF people also lost nothing and they did not get their Galaxy X earlier, they still had to wait for the time to pass.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
07-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Where did they say that was the purpose, so they could have it immediately?
They did not say the purpose. They simply said they were doing it, but if I had to hazard a guess as to why, that would be it.

That does not change the fact that you have lost nothing, and thus have no reason to ask for something extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Unfortunately i have to disagree with you on that, the RAF people also lost nothing and they did not get their Galaxy X earlier, they still had to wait for the time to pass.
You'll note I did not say they lost anything.

And while they didn't immediately get the the Gal-X, once they had the Cryptic points they could've bought it immediately. I'm pretty sure they didn't have to wait the month to get the Cryptic points.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
07-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
They did not say the purpose. They simply said they were doing it, but if I had to hazard a guess as to why, that would be it.

That does not change the fact that you have lost nothing, and thus have no reason to ask for something extra.
So, your reason was made up to fit your point? Nice.
They lost nothing and got compensation, why am I any different?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
07-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
And Pre-Order people lost their exclusives because the demand was too great and Cryptic did nothing.

Actually they got an extra $50 on top of their $25 on top of their Holo Boff, Holo Trbble, and Gal-X
Your logic is illogical.

Pre-Order people didnt LOSE anything. They still retained the item(s). PEOPLE HAD TO PURCHASE THE ITEMS FROM THE C-STORE.

You made out on the deal as you didnt have to purchase the item.

Now if you want to be selfish.......
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
07-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
You'll note I did not say they lost anything.
And while they didn't immediately get the the Gal-X, once they had the Cryptic points they could've bought it immediately. I'm pretty sure they didn't have to wait the month to get the Cryptic points.
I was just comparing with the lost statement. And why should someone buy the Galaxy X who had already earned it for free ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
07-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DES_SNIPER View Post
Your logic is illogical.

Pre-Order people didnt LOSE anything. They still retained the item(s). PEOPLE HAD TO PURCHASE THE ITEMS FROM THE C-STORE.

You made out on the deal as you didnt have to purchase the item.

Now if you want to be selfish.......
RAF people didn't LOSE anything. They still retained the item(s). PEOPLE HAD TO PURCHASE THE ITEMS FROM THE C-STORE.

They made out on the deal as they didnt have to purchase the item.

Btw, to get the Pre-Order items I had to take a leap of faith with the game and buy it before much of that actual game was in the wild and I had to pay list price whereas right now it can be bought much cheaper.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
07-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DES_SNIPER View Post
Your logic is illogical.

Pre-Order people didnt LOSE anything. They still retained the item(s). PEOPLE HAD TO PURCHASE THE ITEMS FROM THE C-STORE.

You made out on the deal as you didnt have to purchase the item.

Now if you want to be selfish.......
Letīs just agree no one lost anything. Letīs focus on the "where is the difference part".
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:45 PM.