Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
So, your reason was made up to fit your point? Nice.
They lost nothing and got compensation, why am I any different?
No, my reason was inferred and given to you as a probable answer to your question.

You are different because your transaction was concluded. Their transaction had not yet been concluded.

Cryptic had no obligation to compensate either group, but they did to the second group presumably because that group's transaction was still in progress at the time of the rule change.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
07-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Let´s just agree no one lost anything. Let´s focus on the "where is the difference part".
Agreed.





other people just dont get it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
07-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
I was just comparing with the lost statement. And why should someone buy the Galaxy X who had already earned it for free ?
They didn't have to buy it. Cryptic gave them free money. They still got it for free. By giving them C-Store points instead of the ship immediately, they essentially gave people a choice between getting the ship up front (if it was that important) or getting some other free stuff and waiting it out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
07-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
No, my reason was inferred and given to you as a probable answer to your question.

You are different because your transaction was concluded. Their transaction had not yet been concluded.

Cryptic had no obligation to compensate either group, but they did to the second group presumably because that group's transaction was still in progress at the time of the rule change.
If i could only find the dev responses to the reasoning behind the compensation. I´m still sure there was talk about people who undermined the intent of the referal program by buying more copies of the game for themselves and creating fake accounts, which is slightly mad i think.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
07-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
They didn't have to buy it. Cryptic gave them free money. They still got it for free. By giving them C-Store points instead of the ship immediately, they essentially gave people a choice between getting the ship up front (if it was that important) or getting some other free stuff and waiting it out.
If it was for the sole purpose of them getting it early, why were they given $50 worth of CP instead of $25 (the cost of the Gal-X)?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
07-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
If it was for the sole purpose of them getting it early, why were they given $50 worth of CP instead of $25 (the cost of the Gal-X)?
Presumably to compensate them for the fact they could not get it early, only when everyone else could. It's also possible the Gal X was going to cost that much, or be limited to one account when purchased. In the latter case, to give it to both accounts that come with the game, you'd need $50.

The bottom line is, their transaction was in progress at the time of the rule change. Your transaction had been concluded for some months before the rules changed.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
If i could only find the dev responses to the reasoning behind the compensation. I´m still sure there was talk about people who undermined the intent of the referal program by buying more copies of the game for themselves and creating fake accounts, which is slightly mad i think.
Yeah, there was talk of that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
07-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
Presumably to compensate them for the fact they could not get it early, only when everyone else could. It's also possible the Gal X was going to cost that much, or be limited to one account when purchased. In the latter case, to give it to both accounts that come with the game, you'd need $50.

The bottom line is, their transaction was in progress at the time of the rule change. Your transaction had been concluded for some months before the rules changed.

EDIT:

Yeah, there was talk of that.
Or, and this might be out of left field, they gave them $50 to compensate for their exclusive going up on the C-Store.


The transaction was in progress? By this time, they were already going to have their friends in the game and as the Dev's pointed out, the true reward is friends in this game. The extra's were compensated for, so others should get the same treatment.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
07-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
Presumably to compensate them for the fact they could not get it early, only when everyone else could. It's also possible the Gal X was going to cost that much, or be limited to one account when purchased. In the latter case, to give it to both accounts that come with the game, you'd need $50.

The bottom line is, their transaction was in progress at the time of the rule change. Your transaction had been concluded for some months before the rules changed.
That would make much more sense to me if they had removed the Galaxy X from the referal program and made it c-store only, which they didn´t. Or it could imply that all those people participated in the ref program only to get the ship and wouldn´t have done so if they could have bought it from the store. If that were the case they had the wrong reasons and certainly did not deserve anything.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
07-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I know that for many, this topic is old and finished (in which case, they are free to ignore this thread), and I have tried to do this through contact with Cryptic, but unfortunately, they have no customer support and do not respond to any of my messages. And according to one of the Devs, this is where I should put it. I believe that like the RAF, those who got their exclusives put on the C-Store should get compensation.!


I think everyone’s missing the big pitcher here why did cryptic tell you to post it here and not just answer your question
How long have you been asking this question?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
07-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Or, and this might be out of left field, they gave them $50 to compensate for their exclusive going up on the C-Store.


The transaction was in progress? By this time, they were already going to have their friends in the game and as the Dev's pointed out, the true reward is friends in this game. The extra's were compensated for, so others should get the same treatment.
Yes, the true reward is friends in the game, but that was only part of what was promised.

They had not yet received their item although they had "paid." Their Galaxy X was not in their hands at the time the rules changed that anyone who paid in the C-store could have it.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:45 PM.