Lt. Commander
# 1 Remove/Downgrade the C-Store
07-26-2010, 02:33 PM
I would like Cryptic to remove the C-Store and rely on the P2P subscription model. I would be willing to pay $20/month as the standard fee for this game to go to a strict P2P model. Who else would pay more monthly to excise MT's from STO?

If the shiny dollars from the C-Store have bought everyone at Cryptic a yacht figuratively speaking, could Cryptic at least revise the C-Store to just Cosmetic Items? I do not like there being an instant route to any item/feature that normally requires players to grind extensively to achieve.

For those players that claim they don't have the time to grind...I suggest that perhaps MMO's are not the games that fit your chosen lifestyle. Just purchase console games that can be completed in 10-20 hours over a few months of casual play. There are some excellent games out there that are geared toward players without much spare time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Captain's Yacht is a Veteran's Reward.

Lt. Commander
# 3
07-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
I would like Cryptic to remove the C-Store and rely on the P2P subscription model. I would be willing to pay $20/month as the standard fee for this game to go to a strict P2P model. Who else would pay more monthly to excise MT's from STO?

If the shiny dollars from the C-Store have bought everyone at Cryptic a yacht figuratively speaking, could Cryptic at least revise the C-Store to just Cosmetic Items? I do not like there being an instant route to any item/feature that normally requires players to grind extensively to achieve.

For those players that claim they don't have the time to grind...I suggest that perhaps MMO's are not the games that fit your chosen lifestyle. Just purchase console games that can be completed in 10-20 hours over a few months of casual play. There are some excellent games out there that are geared toward players without much spare time.
Im confused now, you want f2p but also want monthly subscription and no mt ?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
That is a pretty good summary.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
No, he just wants Pay to Play (P2P).
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
I want the C-Store gone completely. (Willing to pay $20/month)

If not, I want it Cosmetic Items Only. (Willing to pay $15/month)

If not, I want the items available in the C-Store also available nearly as quickly as the effort to whip out my credit card. (Willing to pay $10/month)

Failing all of that, let's just go F2P and put everything in the C-Store. We can pay $$$ at 11,21,31,41,51 to 'get our new level cap' and such things. (Willing to pay $0/month...but probably would not stick around.)

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemplarSora View Post
No, he just wants Pay to Play (P2P).
Well then, lets gratulate him, he got what he wanted. Still confused though.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
I want the C-Store gone completely. (Willing to pay $20/month)

If not, I want it Cosmetic Items Only. (Willing to pay $15/month)

If not, I want the items available in the C-Store also available nearly as quickly as the effort to whip out my credit card. (Willing to pay $10/month)

Failing all of that, let's just go F2P and put everything in the C-Store. We can pay $$$ at 11,21,31,41,51 to 'get our new level cap' and such things. (Willing to pay $0/month...but probably would not stick around.)

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Stormshade
Errr, okay. I get it now.... i think.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-26-2010, 04:02 PM
You do know that the whole "I would be willing to pay $20/month" is alot less convincing coming from someone with a lifetime account.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintri View Post
You do know that the whole "I would be willing to pay $20/month" is alot less convincing coming from someone with a lifetime account.
Owned. dhkjxsxtr<