Lt. Commander
# 31
08-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ci4nte
And possibly a left/right option for each borg implants

Some of them are hidden or clips with some hair styles...

And please, infected skin for the body

Maybe fix some of the implants clipping with eyebrows, too.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
They will first be available as grouped with the Seven of Nine costume, female.
Is that the Seven of Nine jumpsuit?
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-04-2010, 01:37 AM
I am happy to read the info in this thread, great!
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Maybe fix some of the implants clipping with eyebrows, too.
Yep, I totally forgot eyebrows :p
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
"Neck Star" is coming with the glove.

The borg enhanced ships are awesome! We did some tests on some ships in-house, and they looked great but we are still trying to figure out how to integrate them into the game, so it's possible for the future.
*pling*

use them for the BORG!
The Borg seriously need more varied ship designs if they ever become a playable Faction.
So why not make those ships ASSIMILATED ships?

The Borg getting their asses kicked by all of us so they need every Ship they can get their hands.. or uuuh nanites on!

This could even be some kind of ingame effect.

Imagine a fleet of Fed ships fighting a Borg Fleet, then the Borg Cubs start the tractorbeam on one of the Fed PLAYER Ships, it grows these green Borg thingies on it and the player looses control of his ship for 30 - 60 seconds, starts shooting at the other Fed Players.

Hell this could even be used for a Borg Fleet Action, make an uber big Borg Cube (8 times as big, with nodes that you can shoot) that starts assimilating Players instead of just wiping them out.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ci4nte
And possibly a left/right option for each borg implants

Some of them are hidden or clips with some hair styles...

And please, infected skin for the body
Actually there are a few things in the Character Creator that could use a left / right option on.
Along with borg eyepieces the same could be done for Klingon eyepatches and most hairstyles (i.e. hair parted to either side).
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
*pling*

use them for the BORG!
The Borg seriously need more varied ship designs if they ever become a playable Faction.
It still boggles me why people want to play the borg. I mean the borg borg and not liberated like Hugh.

Playing a borg is completely antithetic to the entire MO of the borg. Players are chaotic and disorderly, bumping into each other, racing to steal cluster anomalies from each other, and unable to properly coordinate CE fleet actions on the fly because someone always comes in and kills it for the rest. The borg are orderly and seek perfection (despite their chaotic and sloppy looking architecture and costuming and use of inferior organic parts). It would never cause two separate ships to race to get the only anomaly within 2 light years, bring a new ship into a fleet action only to have its inexperienced crew ruin it for the rest of the collective, or throw a plasma grenade onto its brethren to hit a single enemy.

It seems to me what people want to play are liberated borg like Hugh or General Korok except in a more antagonistic role to Starfleet and the KDF and not an actual part of the collective. (Which would consist of nothing more than logging in and watching the collective order your character around in synchronisation with thousands of others.) Playing a single member of a collective would be no better than playing a single toe on a Klingon's foot, any free thinking on the part of the drone would end up with it being reconditioned or disassembled for spares.
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
It still boggles me why people want to play the borg. I mean the borg borg and not liberated like Hugh.

Playing a borg is completely antithetic to the entire MO of the borg. Players are chaotic and disorderly, bumping into each other, racing to steal cluster anomalies from each other, and unable to properly coordinate CE fleet actions on the fly because someone always comes in and kills it for the rest. The borg are orderly and seek perfection (despite their chaotic and sloppy looking architecture and costuming and use of inferior organic parts).
I agree with this 100%. Any borg PC faction would need to be a group of borg that have been perminatly seperated from the collective, like the Borg from the TNG ep "Desent".

I'm hoping that the next faction will be Romulans and that shouldn't be for a while. The Klinks need some lovin'.
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippost View Post
The Klinks need some lovin'.
They also need the second K removed from their name.

>.>

What? They do. :p
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Quote:
"Neck Star" is coming with the glove.

The borg enhanced ships are awesome! We did some tests on some ships in-house, and they looked great but we are still trying to figure out how to integrate them into the game, so it's possible for the future.
That part is easy, Liby borg would get it because they know how to use the tech. (Lifer Love)

When we kill the borg in Gama Orionis we get plenty of spare parts.

I was also thinking maybe the skin would also cause all the beams we fire to be the borg green color, but not needed but would be cool.

So I guess maybe a Liberated officer Store (at captains table could work) that we can use emblems or 5th order badges to get the updated skins.

Or a combination of Badges and Exploration samples, like maybe some of those new rare ones?

If push came to shove I would not mind paying for them on C-store as skins. (Please include one for new Refits)

Just an idea, if you just gave it to us there would probably be complaints.