Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Broken Difficulty
07-26-2010, 07:08 PM
I recently started a new character, a Lib Borg Engineer. I decided to play on Advanced difficulty, when I do most of the time its pretty challenging and fun. I got to the mission on the U.S.S. Kirk and found that after a few seconds my entire team would be killed by the 1st 5 NPC's, seemed like Elite to me, so I switched to Normal, and the same thing happened. For some reason the NPC's did not change difficulty, I dropped it and accepted it again but the NPC's stay at Advanced/Elite. I have never had a problem with any of my other characters, has anybody else had this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Have you tried logging off and then back on after changing the difficulty?

I've never had a problem with going back to Advanced or Normal as long as I restart the mission after changing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrocket
Have you tried logging off and then back on after changing the difficulty?

I've never had a problem with going back to Advanced or Normal as long as I restart the mission after changing.
Tried that too, nothing
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-26-2010, 11:09 PM
npcs only change difficulty when the map is reset. the timer for this is 15 minutes with no players on the map. this can be either with you offline or sitting in sector space, just as long as you arnt on the map.

ps, mash reroute power to shields just before they shoot at you, it gives a resist buff.