Lt. Commander
# 1 Dreadnought inaccuracy
07-26-2010, 10:35 PM
I just spent 25$ for that fancy new dreadnought ship, only to be a bit dissapointed...

for starters, it is alot more sluggish compared to my Sovereign ship.
and, it only has 3 weapon slots in the back [the term dreadnought literally means the largest and most powerful of its kind... making it have less weapons than another ship that is "supposedly" weaker is kinda contradicting]
Dreadnoughts are used in war also, so, why drop that extra tactical slot??? Seriously! I mean, c'mon... its hard to fight so well when you have loads of weapons, but no consoles to boost them.

to continue on that missing rear weapon slot, It just seams logical to keep it there. 4 fore weapons, 4 aft weapons. simple logic, and what is even more logical is that since a 3rd nacelle is added, shouldnt that make it possible for 4 weapon slots hands down? I mean, cmon. u can stick a phaser array around the rear pylon of the 3rd nacelle easily!

Another thing that might be nice... since in ST: TNG: All Good Things... they had access to warp 13+, why not give the dreadnought at LEAST a small boost in sector warp speed... would make getting around easier

now to move back to that sluggish turning rate. The Dreadnought has 4 noticeable impulse stacks, so I think it should maneuver aLOT better at sub-light speed. And, i kno its kinda late, with season 2 coming out tomorrow, but how about adding a captain skill tree slot specifically for the new dreadnought, and make the star/assault cruiser slots give 25% boost also. that way it could be improved at turning and hull strength.

Ok, that phaser lancer is Awesome. but, there are 2 things I want to point out. 2 minute recharge time? c'mon... thats quite awhile... I mean, in All Good Things Admiral Riker was firing several shots at that klingon ship in a matter of seconds. I kno, it could get unbalanced firing that often, but at LEAST make it possible to decrease the 2min time by skill tree or something...
And, as awesome as it is, I still think it could use some more power... unless a ship's shields are almost completely drained, it hardly scratches them. In All Good Things the lancer sliced right thru the shields and pierced holes in the enemy ships easily.

Cloak, awesome. glad you finally added it cryptic.

Since the term Dreadnought, IMO that is, isnt to be taken lightly, why do I get the feeling this is just a star trek fanatic's dream ship rather than a REAL dreadnought? It is awesome, i will say that, but I think that it could be more... "dreadnought-ish"
Why not give it a 5% damage boost built right in, or maybe increase max power levels from 125 to like, 150 or something?
I just hope that in season 2, or season 2.2 or something they will add some real dreadnought like updates to the ship.

basically to sum it all up, I paid 25$ for the dreadnought, and I want it to be worth it. make the dreadnought TRULY a dreadnought, and not just comparable to the Assault Cruiser [which I find the 2 have equal amounts of pros/cons]
I want to be able to sit down in the dreadnoughts captain's chair and say "this is a significantly more powerful ship than the previous cruiser"

PLZ consider cryptic, I just hope that any future dreadnoughts arent this weak... honestly, I dont find much of a difference between the dreadnought and a sovereign. both are about equally effective in battle.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-26-2010, 10:38 PM
You might wanna check on the gaziillion threads about this ship before posting another one. And please consider that the ship is not meant to be better than other t5 ships, just different.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Maybe you're not clear on what it is.

It's not an admiral-tiered ship. It's a captain-tiered ship with some pretty nifty extra features.

There are going to be a whole bunch more ships like this introduced when Season 2 drops. The new ships are basically one tier behind the top, but each has special abilities that make up for that. Obviously, these ships will not be the best at everything, but for the right situations, very useful.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
You might wanna check on the gaziillion threads about this ship before posting another one. And please consider that the ship is not meant to be better than other t5 ships, just different.
thats another problem. a Dreadnought isnt, or at least shouldnt be comparable to a battleship. It should be Greatly increased in weapons performance and any tactical area.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfea View Post
Maybe you're not clear on what it is.

It's not an admiral-tiered ship. It's a captain-tiered ship with some pretty nifty extra features.

There are going to be a whole bunch more ships like this introduced when Season 2 drops. The new ships are basically one tier behind the top, but each has special abilities that make up for that. Obviously, these ships will not be the best at everything, but for the right situations, very useful.
another thing there... captains werent given dreadnoughts. admirals were.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace-Dreadnought View Post
thats another problem. a Dreadnought isnt, or at least shouldnt be comparable to a battleship. It should be Greatly increased in weapons performance and any tactical area.
Maybe it should, but it isnīt. Detailed information about this ship and itīs (supposed) less than satisfactory performance was and is available on the forum. Unfortunately many players were under the impression that the Galaxy X would be the "flying Death Star of Doom".
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Maybe it should, but it isnīt. Detailed information about this ship and itīs (supposed) less than satisfactory performance was and is available on the forum. Unfortunately many players were under the impression that the Galaxy X would be the "flying Death Star of Doom".
u might say i was fooled by that also... but cmon, this is a MMO, it is prone to updates. thats the whole reason i made this thread, so that cryptic would listen, and hopefully consider.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace-Dreadnought View Post
another thing there... captains werent given dreadnoughts. admirals were.
Stop fixating on the word "dreadnought".

Did you even watch the episode the Galaxy-X comes from? By that time, the Enterprise-D was old and slated to be decommissioned. Admiral Riker pulled strings to keep it from the mothball fleet and had a bunch of alterations made to it (cloaking device, huge cannon, etc.). It was still an ancient outdated design by then, but it was an ancient outdated design with some nifty features added on, and that's exactly what you get in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Dreadnought inaccuracy
So what's the inaccuracy? I read your entire post and just found you citing examples of the ship's loadout and stats.

All of it is pretty accurate. It's a galaxy class starship that can cloak and fire off a super phaser once every two minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Also, 'Galaxy-X Dreadnought' is a fan name. It's not a canon name. Why do Trek fans call it a dreadnought? Because it has three warp nacelles. That is the criteria for calling something a dreadnought in Star Trek.

See, back in 1975, a Trek fan wrote the Star Fleet Technical Manual (yes, 'Star Fleet', not 'Starfleet'). Roddenberry, Trek's creator, liked the guy's work and supported him. It had a bunch of new ship designs.

Now, one of the ships the guy came up was the Federation-class dreadnought. Yeah, it was supposed to be more powerful than the canon Constitution-class ship...but the distinctive thing about it was it had three warp nacelles, not two.

Yeah, the thinking is that an extra engine nacelle means it's more awesome. But really, it's called 'dreadnought' because Trek fans have been calling any three-nacelled ship a dreadnought since 1975.