Lt. Commander
# 11
07-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Also, I'd like to point out to you that the term "Dreadnought" refers to a type of Battleship, the design lineage of which goes back to the first of that type of Battleship ever to be built...HMS Dreadnought. Hence the term "Dreadnought Battleship" for every Battleship that came after HMS Dreadnought, and "Pre-Dreadnought Battleship" for every Battleship that came before her.

So your assertion that a Dreadnought isn't a Battleship is just factually incorrect. A Dreadnought, by definition, is a Battleship.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyjames View Post
Also, I'd like to point out to you that the term "Dreadnought" refers to a type of Battleship, the design lineage of which goes back to the first of that type of Battleship ever to be built...HMS Dreadnought. Hence the term "Dreadnought Battleship" for every Battleship that came after HMS Dreadnought, and "Pre-Dreadnought Battleship" for every Battleship that came before her.

So your assertion that a Dreadnought isn't a Battleship is just factually incorrect. A Dreadnought, by definition, is a Battleship.
I can just see it ... the next STO mini-game!

Commander Kor: D-7
Captain Kirk: You Warp Core Breached my Dreadnought!
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-26-2010, 11:58 PM
I think the OP needs to learn a bit about Dreadnoughts so.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadnought

Personaly I think Cryptic got it very right for the AGT ship. The OP also fails to take into account that the ship is designed to be part of the T5 ship collection and should not be to overpowered especialy as there is no counter balance available for the Klingons yet.

I do agree that it should be able to gain from the skill tree in the same way all other ship classes do but that is the only area where I think he got it right. Taking away one of the rear weapons slots but adding the Lance is a small price to pay for such a powerfull weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I can just see it ... the next STO mini-game!

Commander Kor: D-7
Captain Kirk: You Warp Core Breached my Dreadnought!
Commander Kor: No, you did...along with my boarding party.

Lt. Commander
# 15
07-27-2010, 12:24 AM
well the definition of a dreadnought is this "A battleship armed with six or more guns having calibers of 12 inches or more" so 4 on the front 3 on the back thats 7 therefore more than 6. also as many of my leaned colleagues have pointed out yet the dreadnought is a type of battle ship. it fact during the first world war the dreadnought was the run of the mill battleship and therefore was not the best. also there is another class called the super dreadnought which i think you may find is bigger and better.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Quote:
And, as awesome as it is, I still think it could use some more power... unless a ship's shields are almost completely drained, it hardly scratches them. In All Good Things the lancer sliced right thru the shields and pierced holes in the enemy ships easily.
it's a high grade beam overload with terrible aim. it has good damage.

if you want to get Riker-levels of pwn you need to be a tactical captain and stack damage skills on it xD
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-27-2010, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
it's a high grade beam overload with terrible aim. it has good damage.

if you want to get Riker-levels of pwn you need to be a tactical captain and stack damage skills on it xD
Thats the same Riker who whenever left in control of the normal enterprise got it blown up/damaged... yeah he realy pwn'd his opponents

/sarcasm off
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-27-2010, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalic89
well the definition of a dreadnought is this "A battleship armed with six or more guns having calibers of 12 inches or more" so 4 on the front 3 on the back thats 7 therefore more than 6. also as many of my leaned colleagues have pointed out yet the dreadnought is a type of battle ship. it fact during the first world war the dreadnought was the run of the mill battleship and therefore was not the best. also there is another class called the super dreadnought which i think you may find is bigger and better.
And the Super Dreadnoughts were phased out when the Aircraft Carrier became the strongest ship, so yeah I don't think the Galaxy-X needs any changes.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-27-2010, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE-Kaos View Post
Thats the same Riker who whenever left in control of the normal enterprise got it blown up/damaged... yeah he realy pwn'd his opponents

/sarcasm off
BoBW he pretty much saved the entire Federation while in command of the E-D.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-27-2010, 04:30 AM
I do quite fine in my Dreadnaught in pvp. The Alpha strike it can do is quite devastating, and if you'r speced to tank it's still a very good ship, I rarely ever die.