Lt. Commander
# 1 Ships interiors
07-27-2010, 02:28 AM
Please, to re-scale the ships interiors.

They are too huge and too artificial to be real.

The corridors in the spaceships are also points of defense to block boardings, with these corridors, the strange thing is not to see tanks inside them.

Certain areas of a spaceship, must be large and high, as engineering, but in other only they add an unnecessary mass or remove useful space to other more important needs of the ship.

And not make marry to what appears in ST XI, the designer of interiors must have been dismissed for incompetently. Please, to check the rest of the movies and series, and act in consequence.

Thank to all of you (Criptic's crew and players).

That is only a thinking.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-27-2010, 02:43 AM
i think the ship interiors is wonderful the way they are. and you have the option on small medium and large.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-27-2010, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
i think the ship interiors is wonderful the way they are. and you have the option on small medium and large.
Its not the size of the layouts that the problem, its the scale of the rooms and corridors. The ceilings are WAY too high, and the corridors WAY too wide. You could drive a tank through them.

Starships are supposed to be small on the inside. The defiant was supposed to feel like a submarine, but its more like a cathedral.

I dont hate the interiors - its a great step in the right direction, but I just wish they were a bit more Star Trek-y.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-27-2010, 03:14 AM
Dead horse is dead, but here goes:

The current size of the rooms and corridors is a limitation of the game engine's camera system. Fixing them to make them smaller requires redoing the game camera and I heard that the last time they tried fixing it for STO people in CO had trouble flying.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiala View Post
Dead horse is dead, but here goes:

The current size of the rooms and corridors is a limitation of the game engine's camera system. Fixing them to make them smaller requires redoing the game camera and I heard that the last time they tried fixing it for STO people in CO had trouble flying.
Cryptic can make excuses until the cows come home, but it doesn't change the facts.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-27-2010, 03:30 AM
I wouldn't mind some more scale options, at the moment i only use large because it's corridors are long enough that they actually look like corridors and not just some massive central room.

i'm guessing we'll see more of that come into play when they start selling us corridors/ready rooms/mess halls/captains quarters/sick bays/engineering and science labs on the c-store.