Lt. Commander
# 33
08-03-2010, 05:07 AM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Excelsior "Search for Spock" version - Aug 24
Excelsior "Generations" version - Aug 26
Nebula - Sep 23rd? or something close to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Excelsior is week of Aug 23
Nebula is week of Sep 20
So nothing to look forward to in august?

Sources:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=172743

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...59#post2915459
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-03-2010, 05:27 AM
Yeah, I wish they'd push out the Excelsior sooner than roughly a month from now. But at least it's confirmed there will be both a Tier 3 and Tier 5 version. It seems the Tier3 version will be purchasable in-game with Energy Credits. I just hope that the Excelsior can also be purchased in-game with a refit ship token / 500 emblems... not solely the domain of the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Fun fact:

Apparently they created a little "easter egg" for the Diplomatic Orders (Lieutenant grade) mission:

The U.S.S. Texas, one of the ships that show up to help you fight the Undine ship, is now a refit-style Excelsior.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironearth View Post
Whose honestly gonna buy Tier 3 ships, I mean you can get through the rank in a few hours. I really want that ship as much as anyone but I'm not gonna pay for something that is useless to me and I doubt mnay others will either apart for RP purposes.
Amen on that. In fact I'd love to have a tier 5 akira class refit. I haven't been at tier 3 in a dog's age and I like the akira class but it's of no use to me now that I'm at tier 5 about to hit tier 6.
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Whose honestly gonna buy Tier 3 ships, I mean you can get through the rank in a few hours. I really want that ship as much as anyone but I'm not gonna pay for something that is useless to me and I doubt mnay others will either apart for RP purposes.
Umm ... You are not paying for a Tier 3 ship ... You are paying for a Tier 5 refit version of that ship that will have T5 level abilities.

T-3 Excelsior is available like any other ship in game at that level and rank ... via in game energy credits.
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-22-2010, 11:48 PM
Pff, why so long wait time for the nebula ? Without any information about its loadout, so players can discuss it, before Cryptics sells a ship with horrible potential like Galaxy-X for $$$. Thats really something, which does **** me off. I want the new ships to be worth the money and to be competitive with other T5 ships :/ Not buying a rabbit in a bag, or whatever is the expression in English..
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-23-2010, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Pff, why so long wait time for the nebula ? Without any information about its loadout, so players can discuss it, before Cryptics sells a ship with horrible potential like Galaxy-X for $$$. Thats really something, which does **** me off. I want the new ships to be worth the money and to be competitive with other T5 ships :/ Not buying a rabbit in a bag, or whatever is the expression in English..
As long as the information becomes available at time of the release, I don't care that much. Sure, discussing it beforehand would be something, but it's not cruicial for my decision to buy it - I just wait until the information is there.
Why the Nebula takes longer than the Excelsior I don't know. Maybe just so they don't release too much on one date. Or because desigintesting a new ship really takes that long.
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-23-2010, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
As long as the information becomes available at time of the release, I don't care that much. Sure, discussing it beforehand would be something, but it's not cruicial for my decision to buy it - I just wait until the information is there.
Why the Nebula takes longer than the Excelsior I don't know. Maybe just so they don't release too much on one date. Or because desigintesting a new ship really takes that long.
Problem is, without player feedback, the ship may be created with some odd layout which is in most cases horrible, like the new klingon carrier. I would like to prevent that so a healthy discussion about what should / or shouldnt the ship offer would be proper.

It may not been in exact numbers. But it would be as the dev says : our view is that it should work as this and that, and should fill this role, its special ability should do this at the cost of this etc.

There are some stuff you dont see from just the engineering database on sol station, such as inertia etc, and you can know it, only if you buy it.

Beside, there can be also bugs.