Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 PVP Freeloaders
07-27-2010, 06:53 AM
Aside from the atrocious PVP system in STO there is a much bigger problem that can be corrected. That is the PVP freeloader (mainly the Feds). In this game you have one faction (Klings) who rely on PVP as their main source of leveling. The Feds do it for fun, leveling, merits, etc. As mainly a Fed player I can't count how many times I have entered a PVP arena and witness 2-3 ships pull off to the side and just sit, waiting for the match to be over so they can claim their free xp. Cryptic really needs to setup something that tracks this type of behavior and kick out these freeloaders. I suggest a merit based system. The more damage you inflict or the more healing you do the player will receive more merits, skill points, credits, etc. This type of system would eliminate the freeloaders and bring more Feds to PVP matches. It would also be nice to see items drop much like the Fleet Actions.

Thoughts/Concerns/Suggestions?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-27-2010, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSurpeme
Aside from the atrocious PVP system in STO there is a much bigger problem that can be corrected. That is the PVP freeloader (mainly the Feds). In this game you have one faction (Klings) who rely on PVP as their main source of leveling. The Feds do it for fun, leveling, merits, etc. As mainly a Fed player I can't count how many times I have entered a PVP arena and witness 2-3 ships pull off to the side and just sit, waiting for the match to be over so they can claim their free xp. Cryptic really needs to setup something that tracks this type of behavior and kick out these freeloaders. I suggest a merit based system. The more damage you inflict or the more healing you do the player will receive more merits, skill points, credits, etc. This type of system would eliminate the freeloaders and bring more Feds to PVP matches. It would also be nice to see items drop much like the Fleet Actions.

Thoughts/Concerns/Suggestions?
Its already the case, and people actually don't care for merits/credits but rather for the daily marks you get... :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-27-2010, 06:57 AM
It sounds like a plan to me. I rarely PvP (which is why I'm atrocious at it) - but when I do I engage as much as I can. It just seems lazy and pointless just to sit and wait for some xp to come your way. If you are going to the trouble of finding a PvP match, you may as well join in while ur there, and so anything that encourages people to do so is a good idea in my book.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-27-2010, 07:01 AM
If they sit there to long a Klingon Cruiser appears and captures them. You then have to fight your way out of a PvP or could be PvE Klingon prison before you can play the game again With no XP for doing so. If you die you go back to your cell, and lose energy credits.

Actually that Klingon prison idea would make a great story based thing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-27-2010, 07:01 AM
a wow dungeon style kick option is what we need, the ability to boot and replace with someone waiting to que
i cant see them not doing this,i dont get to fight the galaxy x too mutch because its usualy cloaked under a station somewhere badge farming : (
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-27-2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
Its already the case, and people actually don't care for merits/credits but rather for the daily marks you get... :p
Yeah that is why I wrote "etc." I know what the freeloaders are doing and it ruins PVP. That is why we need an incentive system setup. For someone who is all about PVE and has their own PVE dailys to come in and screw around on PVP is like Cryptic letting PVPers attack them while they try to do their PVE dailys.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-27-2010, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post
If they sit there to long a Klingon Cruiser appears and captures them. You then have to fight your way out of a PvP or could be PvE Klingon prison before you can play the game again With no XP for doing so. If you die you go back to your cell, and lose energy credits.

Actually that Klingon prison idea would make a great story based thing.
yup theres rules in klingon ships about being insuffciently aggresive =p

(worf handing the crew report for the first time to general martok on the rotaren )
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Or if your a Klingon you could get killed for being Unhonerable and sent to the underworld. You then have to get out of that
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSurpeme
Aside from the atrocious PVP system in STO there is a much bigger problem that can be corrected. That is the PVP freeloader (mainly the Feds). In this game you have one faction (Klings) who rely on PVP as their main source of leveling. The Feds do it for fun, leveling, merits, etc. As mainly a Fed player I can't count how many times I have entered a PVP arena and witness 2-3 ships pull off to the side and just sit, waiting for the match to be over so they can claim their free xp. Cryptic really needs to setup something that tracks this type of behavior and kick out these freeloaders. I suggest a merit based system. The more damage you inflict or the more healing you do the player will receive more merits, skill points, credits, etc. This type of system would eliminate the freeloaders and bring more Feds to PVP matches. It would also be nice to see items drop much like the Fleet Actions.

Thoughts/Concerns/Suggestions?
Tell the Klingons where to find the free kills (sitters). Or lead them to them.

Actually seen it with a Klingon squatter and I was the only Fed in the map at the time. I told them they had a squatter and those Klingons let me pop off a few kills in exchange for me then letting them win the match. When it was close to 15 for the Klingons a few other feds wandered in and tried to ruin the agreement but I just Leeroy Jenkins into the Klingon fleet time and again without fighting to help them get the win as per the agreement.

Usually the other players will work with you popping off the squatters as long as you let them know.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Since there is no penalty for death, why would the squatters care if they get blown up? Can't they just sit and respawn until the match is over?

Perhaps I'm missing some mechanic to the PvP system?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:52 AM.