Lt. Commander
# 21
07-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Currently they track idle time, booting you from the game after 15 minutes. Would it be possible to check for idle time in pvp match? If your ship hasn't moved they could drop you from the match and bring someone else. Also, give you 30 seconds ( or whatever) to respawn to prevent idling with the respawn button up.

Also, it'd be nice to have a time limit. Sometimes matches just go on and on and on and on and I'm sure some AFK'ers are simply tired of the match. Not to sound like "one of those" guys but last night after about a half hour I *had* to go AFK for a few minutes. Sometimes life happens and you have to stop playing. Having a mechanism in place to deal with those situations would be good too.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSurpeme
...Thoughts/Concerns/Suggestions?
Join a Fleet and PvP with your fleet-mates. Since PvP is about team-work, and there's no way to enforce team-work and still reward the losing team at the same time for their time, if not their effort, I see joining a Fleet as the one option open to us players.

Perhaps Cryptic will change things one day, but for now... I rarely PuG in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Join a Fleet and PvP with your fleet-mates. Since PvP is about team-work, and there's no way to enforce team-work and still reward the losing team at the same time for their time, if not their effort, I see joining a Fleet as the one option open to us players.

Perhaps Cryptic will change things one day, but for now... I rarely PuG in PvP.
While this game is a team oriented game you can't make it exclusive to fleets unless you make people join fleets. Does PvP in premade fun but some do not have the time or have the ability to play when the majority of their fleetmates are one.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data View Post
While this game is a team oriented game you can't make it exclusive to fleets unless you make people join fleets.
In my opinion, other than the STF's every part of STO is available to soloists, although Fleet Actions and PvP are naturally not solo-friendly and require teamwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data View Post
...some do not have the time or have the ability to play when the majority of their fleetmates are one.
Seeing as it only takes 5 people to create a team for either PvE or PvP, I figure that if one joins a fairly active Fleet based on their own time-zone/schedule preferences, finding 4 other people to play with shouldn't be impossible.

I was responding to the OP who said there was some way Cryptic could force people to work together and somehow punish players who let others do the PvP-work for them. In essence, I don't see such a way and therefore I suggested the OP should probably join a Fleet and that may help make PvP enjoyable.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Sounds like the OP needs some tissues for his issues.

Seriously whats the problem with some of you people.

Everyone paid to play the game and they are going to play it the way they want and you are in NO position whatsoever to dictate to others how they will play their game.

If you disapprove of how someone plays then avoid them, dont cry on the forums
Lt. Commander
# 26 Thoughts
07-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Well if a freeloader wants to bored just sitting there doing nothing while the rest of us have fun, it really is no matter to us is it? I mean it doesn't affect us. Seems a rather dull way to spend your time, and a lack of sense of accomplishment. No matter what you do there will always be losers and freeloaders in games, just as there is in real life.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
While this game is a team oriented game you can't make it exclusive to fleets unless you make people join fleets. Does PvP in premade fun but some do not have the time or have the ability to play when the majority of their fleetmates are one.
Agree with this totally, I am lucky if have an hour a day to play, please don't force people to be active in fleets.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmfghtr View Post
Agree with this totally, I am lucky if have an hour a day to play, please don't force people to be active in fleets.
No one is forcing anyone to do anything. However, you can't expect everyone in the game, that you have to team-up with, to have the same playstyle preferences as you do. If grouping up in PvP brings you into a team with a Freeloader, I figure you can make the best of it, get your creds/marks and move on. Worst, you could try to lead the enemy to the Freeloader and attempt to disappear yourself so the enemy picks on the Freeloader instead of you.

The moral is though guys, group-play is still group-play.

Lt. Commander
# 29
07-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outllaw View Post
Sounds like the OP needs some tissues for his issues.

Seriously whats the problem with some of you people.

Everyone paid to play the game and they are going to play it the way they want and you are in NO position whatsoever to dictate to others how they will play their game.

If you disapprove of how someone plays then avoid them, dont cry on the forums
Your right that have the right to play the way they want but by doing so they are also preventing other people to play the game like they want and we cannot avoid them. That is why they are asking a way to avoid them. A way to boot them out of a pvp match if they are doing nothing so what it wrong with that.

And by the way, doing nothing in a pvp match is not really playing...

Update : Cryptic should add a map called Freeloader and give 1/10 of the reward to player there and put it on a timer like 10 min. That way, people who want the reward without moving their ass can still get them and not **** off other.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSurpeme
Thoughts/Concerns/Suggestions?
Well I don't like the damage count aspect. Reason is that it favors high DPS and not support.

honestly though if I see some dork sitting off to the side, count it as a free kill Flesh meat fer the slaughter.

Blak