Lt. Commander
# 11
07-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Really, Cryptic?

You guys HAD to put this out the very same day Starcraft II comes out?

Well, whatever. Sleep is overrated anyway....
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamSoda64 View Post
Really, Cryptic?

You guys HAD to put this out the very same day Starcraft II comes out?

Well, whatever. Sleep is overrated anyway....
Oh Good, I was hoping I wasn't the only one thinking the timing was interestingly odd. My copy of SC2 is waiting for me at home. not sure which I am actually gonna play today. I guess my 3D render of my Starblazers/Star Trek crossover ship is gonna have to wait for completion for a bit longer
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-27-2010, 11:56 AM
I'd wait a bit before logging in though. The stampede rush is making the lag pretty nasty in high populated areas like Earth Spacedock, Planet Surfaces and Space. If you are not in any of them you will be ok

If the lag continues I'll just go to bed and try again after work tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-27-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm not a fan of the new PvP queue...it's goign to hurt the community a lot...
Lt. Commander
# 15 Cheers!
07-27-2010, 12:19 PM
I love this game! I love Season 2. I love you guys on the Dev Team!~ You guys are really putting in your time to address issues at the same time as conquering new content! You hard work is much appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally_Androvar
Got it patched! I do have a question though...Is there any way to copy a character from Tribble to Holodeck?
No and there will never be a way to do that for a reason...well many reasons.

Things are often easier on a test server (higher drop, exp rates, more rewards from missions etc), there may have been an exploit that got patched late and many got the opportunity to abuse the exploit in their favour and many other factors that would ruin the game play on the live server for many.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Wow!!!! Rubber banding all over the place....so much so......I had to log out...and it's not just me......here is a list I will be including in a ticket....so those of you writing tickets can bypass and go to things I missed.

graphics clipping
major rubber banding
major lag issues ((not just me))
new space camera is not good....please revert to old style camera
graphics are "flashing" (space maps flash and cause a severe lag, I have ajusted my graphic settings, but nothing seems to solve this))
and finally, just a question.....why don't I get EXP for all the accolades I have collected on my primary char like I got when I loaded it into tribble????

maybe it's just me......but alot of people in-game are having similar issues as I am...it shouldn't take 25 minutes to get from the transwarp hub in gamma orionis to the B'Tran cluster.

I never thought I would say this....but some of the new content should be reverted to previous settings until a good fix can be implimented for them.

Love the game, love the new stuff.....but is has to work to make gameplay fun......not.....irritatting when you get blasted backwards half-way across a sector block a dozen times before you actually get there.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timper
Wow!!!! Rubber banding all over the place....so much so......I had to log out...and it's not just me......here is a list I will be including in a ticket....so those of you writing tickets can bypass and go to things I missed.

graphics clipping
major rubber banding
graphics are "flashing" (space maps flash and cause a severe lag, I have ajusted my graphic settings, but nothing seems to solve this))
and finally, just a question.....why don't I get EXP for all the accolades I have collected on my primary char like I got when I loaded it into tribble????

maybe it's just me......but alot of people in-game are having similar issues as I am...it shouldn't take 25 minutes to get from the transwarp hub in gamma orionis to the B'Tran cluster.

I never thought I would say this....but some of the new content should be reverted to previous settings until a good fix can be implimented for them.

Love the game, love the new stuff.....but is has to work to make gameplay fun......not.....irritatting when you get blasted backwards half-way across a sector block a dozen times before you actually get there.
While patching... what is this "new space camera?"
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
No and there will never be a way to do that for a reason...well many reasons.

Things are often easier on a test server (higher drop, exp rates, more rewards from missions etc), there may have been an exploit that got patched late and many got the opportunity to abuse the exploit in their favour and many other factors that would ruin the game play on the live server for many.
Thanks Don't mind going through again
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timper

graphics clipping
major rubber banding

Yep, kinda reminds me of a major World of ******** patch day (back when I was still playing WoW) - ah MMOs, the more they change, the more they stay the same. (I'm sure they'll get everything under control soon)