Lt. Commander
# 61
07-28-2010, 12:52 AM
I think it's one of those issues like my game crash that made your card all of a sudden incompatible. Let's see what happens after today's patch in about 5 hours. Maybe your GFX card will work again after that patch, you never know. Let's think positive.
Lt. Commander
# 62
07-28-2010, 01:05 AM
I wish I could be positive about this....but I have recieved a responce from my ticket, and the verified that my GFX card is no longer compatable. I cant even load the game without a crash anymore. I highly doubt this is a temporary problem with all the graphics updates in this patch, as well as the new cards being supported.

I really do wish this wasn't the case....but I tend to be a realist....so for now, my STO days may be over......unless......Cryptic wants to revert to the 1.1 graphics settings.
Lt. Commander
# 63
07-28-2010, 01:09 AM
1.2 it was actually before the Season 2 patch. Well, if it's verified, I'm sorry for you. You know, I'm actually not doing better with my mouse arrow lag all the time. I think I'll also quit within the next few days or weeks. But there's still hope with today's patch.
Lt. Commander
# 64
07-28-2010, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
I'm actually not doing better with my mouse arrow lag all the time. I think I'll also quit within the next few days or weeks. But there's still hope with today's patch.
Mouse arrow lag?

I had that once with a Logitech Bluetooth mouse. Turns out the bluetooth adapter from Logitech didn't work quite right and would lag out the mouse. Changed adapters and since then no lag at all anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 65
07-28-2010, 01:34 AM
The mouse arrow lag of mine is a bit more complexe than I can describe here. However, I encourage you to read the support section of this forum (PC Problems etc.) my mouse lag topic is usually on Page 1 because I post regular updates on my issues. I have no bluetooth mouse, so yeah ... it's all in there.
Lt. Commander
# 66
07-28-2010, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timper
I wish I could be positive about this....but I have recieved a responce from my ticket, and the verified that my GFX card is no longer compatable. I cant even load the game without a crash anymore. I highly doubt this is a temporary problem with all the graphics updates in this patch, as well as the new cards being supported.

I really do wish this wasn't the case....but I tend to be a realist....so for now, my STO days may be over......unless......Cryptic wants to revert to the 1.1 graphics settings.
What card to you have?
Lt. Commander
# 67
07-28-2010, 03:45 AM
Okay, love the Cardassian ships hovering outside the observation lounge windows in the Bajor mission. That's just one of the neatest things ever.

The expense and grindiness of Dabo less so, but eh, it's dabo! DABO! I can forgive the grind on it.

So far, the diplomacy missions are neat... sort of Ace Attorney-esque, in Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 68
07-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Great update, just watched the latest video clip and cant wait for the full ship interiors!

Hope you can keep it up.
Lt. Commander
# 69
07-28-2010, 08:16 AM
Wow...that's really lame. I mean the majority of us have to go through the whole laggy game play (similar to beta yet again) for a while...but not to be able to play at all...that's lame. I guess the only plus is your a subscriber not a lifer, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timper
Well...for once, Cryptic has gotten to, and resolved a ticket in 12 hours......credit to Cryptic......now the bad news.

It would turn out that my graphics card is no longer supported. One day after I payed my subscription fee, I can no longer play STO.

Did I miss the post that they would be improving graphics at the expense of alienating the player base???

Where is it? I feel utterly betrayed by Cryptic at this point. I truely love this game, and Star Trek......and now.....I have to upgrade my system, a Gateway Laptop, which I haven't been able to upgrade in years......I can't afford a new computer, and won't be able to for the foreseeable future. Prior to the season two patch, I had no issues with the game, and I have played every day since OB went online.

I will miss this game, as I have made new freinds, explored strange new RPs and blowing up some Klingons.

I hope things certainly do change for the better with this game, I would like to be able to play again once I can get a new system.

Would someone please tell me what sense it would make to alienate a group of dedicated fans?? Is this profitable??? I would really like to know what purpose it serves to do this.
Lt. Commander
# 70
07-28-2010, 08:39 AM
DUDE
Unless your really poor i think you can afford a new pc. get a desk top as its easier to upgrade when crap hits the fan and lame companies who have problems with PR do changes and talk about it half arse.

www.tigerdirect.com is one site that give you a good bang or your buck. you can even get a bare bones computer if you already have an OS. The systems are cheap and they will def play STO.