Lt. Commander
# 71
07-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
DUDE
Unless your really poor i think you can afford a new pc. get a desk top as its easier to upgrade when crap hits the fan and lame companies who have problems with PR do changes and talk about it half arse.

www.tigerdirect.com is one site that give you a good bang or your buck. you can even get a bare bones computer if you already have an OS. The systems are cheap and they will def play STO.
They don't come with sound cards?
Lt. Commander
# 72
07-28-2010, 10:18 AM
day 2 of this BS. i reinstalled the game and after it going on all night guess what.....same issue as before to those who can play you are lucky. cryptic you should fire your whole staff this patch was rushed out way to fast.
Lt. Commander
# 73
07-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Pretty sure this will happen every time a new patch comes out, as you go from maybe a few hundred testing it out to thousands...oh well, it will get better over time...we just have to be patient. Until then, hopefully we all have another favourite game in our back pocket...or board games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorsfloyd View Post
day 2 of this BS. i reinstalled the game and after it going on all night guess what.....same issue as before to those who can play you are lucky. cryptic you should fire your whole staff this patch was rushed out way to fast.
Lt. Commander
# 74
07-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
They don't come with sound cards?
a sound card cost you like hmmm i dont know 15 bucks. but if you get the newest graphic card which connects to your hdmi tv sound comes included so you dont need a sound card.
Lt. Commander
# 75
07-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorsfloyd View Post
For everyone going ape - realize any new major patch will have issues on ANY large MMO. (Don't believe me? Just look up World of ******** and Patch Day. This is a HUGE patch, and has some new tech that in the long run is supposed to help the game, but outs more of a load on their patch server setup; so this, combined with the majority of folks downloading 2GB+ worth of new files means that for a couple of days, they'll have issues as everyone gets the new patch; and they figure out how to better balance the patch server load.

If you really hate this kind of thing, you may want to just patch on the day of a LARGE content update, then wait 24-48 hours before logging in. That was SOP for my Guild back when I was playing WoW with them; and was the same for every other MMO, all teh way back to EverQuest.

yes, they can test the code and get a good portion of the major bugs identified and corrected on Tribble, but on average, Tribble' has maybe 50 - 100 people playing on average (not counting the 'Test Weekends' that pull more; but still a MUCH SMALLER group then the entire playerbase.

Again, The fact is: Major Patch days always cause problems for the first couple of days afterwards as they adjust things for th full load of people; and Season 2.0 was the largest sigle update to STO since it launched. So, take a deep breath, and if it stresses you out, patch up, but wait until Thursday or Friday to log in.
Lt. Commander
# 76
07-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Has anyone else played "The Return"? I love the fact that you can choose different dialogue options to produce different results, really makes it seem a lot funner. Kudos, Cryptic, a step in the right direction.
Lt. Commander
# 77 Buying the client in EU
07-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Hey. The new post says everyone can buy the ST: Online client for $19,99.

How is this possible in the EU? (The Netherlands)

Cheers.
Lt. Commander
# 78
07-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by butje View Post
Hey. The new post says everyone can buy the ST: Online client for $19,99.

How is this possible in the EU? (The Netherlands)

Cheers.
Digital Download not an option?
Lt. Commander
# 79
07-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Digital Download not an option?
Nope, it says its not availabe in my country. =/
Lt. Commander
# 80
07-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timper
Well...for once, Cryptic has gotten to, and resolved a ticket in 12 hours......credit to Cryptic......now the bad news.

It would turn out that my graphics card is no longer supported. One day after I payed my subscription fee, I can no longer play STO.

Did I miss the post that they would be improving graphics at the expense of alienating the player base???

Where is it? I feel utterly betrayed by Cryptic at this point. I truely love this game, and Star Trek......and now.....I have to upgrade my system, a Gateway Laptop, which I haven't been able to upgrade in years......I can't afford a new computer, and won't be able to for the foreseeable future. Prior to the season two patch, I had no issues with the game, and I have played every day since OB went online.

I will miss this game, as I have made new freinds, explored strange new RPs and blowing up some Klingons.

I hope things certainly do change for the better with this game, I would like to be able to play again once I can get a new system.

Would someone please tell me what sense it would make to alienate a group of dedicated fans?? Is this profitable??? I would really like to know what purpose it serves to do this.
You could always builld a pc up bit by bit. In fact you could build a relatively decent desktop including a mid range graphics card for under $300 and spread it over a certain amount of time so you aren't spending too much all at once. Once it's built up you could buy components for it to keep it up to date - again over time & probably spend a lot less over the desktops lifetime than you would over a short lived gaming laptop!