Lt. Commander
Hello everyone!

You'll notice that when you log out or shut down STO, the Client will start patching. We turned on Pre-Patching for you so that come patching day you don't have to wait on slow servers to get started with the game.

So, not to worry, it's just the game catching up to the next patch before it goes live.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Hello everyone!

You'll notice that when you log out or shut down STO, the Client will start patching. We turned on Pre-Patching for you so that come patching day you don't have to wait on slow servers to get started with the game.

So, not to worry, it's just the game catching up to the next patch before it goes live.
Season 4 coming soon?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain Brown
Season 4 coming soon?
they r shooting for the first week in July..
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-25-2011, 02:07 PM
When exactly is the pre-patching available ? I just connected to the game and left...no pre-patch.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
When exactly is the pre-patching available ? I just connected to the game and left...no pre-patch.
It's prepatching for me just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
*pokes the game* Yes, it's prepatching here, too.

Ashur: Do you test the game on Tribble a lot? If so, you may not be hit with the prepatch as the game can pull from the Tribble files.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:

Ashur: Do you test the game on Tribble a lot? If so, you may not be hit with the prepatch as the game can pull from the Tribble files.
I had the game and tribble both up to date. My prepatch was around 740 mb, and took less than five minutes. It also doesn't launch until several seconds, nearly a full minute after the game is closed, so maybe it happened and you missed it?
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-25-2011, 02:56 PM
so is this just p'jem/imaga? if so it seems prty big
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:

Ah well, after the third try the pre-patch came out of hiding.

It was done fast due to the Tribble files.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
so is this just p'jem/imaga? if so it seems prty big
There will be a few other things rolled into this. I don't have the final patch notes yet, but once I do, they will go up.
Soemtimes checking out the tribble forums and patch notes there can get you a glimpse at what may come though!