Lt. Commander
# 21 Poor Vice Admiral Reward
07-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Why give us a saucer separation on an old cruiser like the Exploration Cruiser? I think a better reward for reaching Vice Admiral would be a saucer separation on an Assault Cruiser (or Fleet Cruiser).

I'm not going back to an exploration cruiser.
Thanks for nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 22 appease
07-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _i_
Why give us a saucer separation on an old cruiser like the Exploration Cruiser? I think a better reward for reaching Vice Admiral would be a saucer separation on an Assault Cruiser (or Fleet Cruiser).

I'm not going back to an exploration cruiser.
Thanks for nothing.
to appease us subscribers. So they can say they added what we asked for. As it is always said be careful what you ask for. you just might get it. Most of the STo players just saw the seperation as it is cool. no one really watched how many times and in what even did the seperation take place. in all instance it was to save majority of the crew and families on the ship. it was never meant as a battle tac tic unless of the dire circumstances. The saucer is a huge life boat. you could escape with it while the main star drive deals with any attackers. seperation sequence should have been on a ship like the prometheis.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-29-2010, 11:22 AM
@ _i_ Uh.. you do realise that the galaxy that has saucer separation is a T5 Galaxy, rather than your old T4 Galaxy?

EDIT: And, indeed, as UFP-Magnis said, it was done because we subscribers *asked* for it. =)
Lt. Commander
# 24 yup
07-29-2010, 11:29 AM
just because something is a T5 does not mean it is superior in function. indeed the T4 is actually better then the t5. in this case. put the attributes side by side and see whats the real deal Besides i dont think its a T5 because you need to be a VA to have it so its a T6 variant skin, ship, thing-a-ma-gig
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-29-2010, 12:14 PM
**raises hand**

If I might just neatly avoid everything else being discussed in this thread. I've been playing since the Open Beta, and I've yet to find anything listed as an "emblem" so what are they? I've seen several people ask in similar threads, but no-one seems to have answered.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
I'm sorry, but I misunderstand, this means we can get an old ship as our Vice Admiral ship? Like a Vorcha, or BoP?
These are suppose to be coming to us sometime in August.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-30-2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelisebonrai View Post
@ _i_ Uh.. you do realise that the galaxy that has saucer separation is a T5 Galaxy, rather than your old T4 Galaxy?

EDIT: And, indeed, as UFP-Magnis said, it was done because we subscribers *asked* for it. =)
Yeah but it is a copy of the T4 ships so you do realise that its a waist

The "T5" retrofits are a joke the abilities all but the intrepids are useless and the ships are a downgrade to the normal T5 ships. We should have T6 and NEW SHIPS that are OP that we gain ingame threw a ridiculesly hard instance... but noo lets grind for days to get Retrofits of T4 ships yipy *sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-30-2010, 03:54 AM
Note that Vice Admiral was stated to be T5.. note that the /did/ have 2 commander slots until people complained that they were too high above T5 ships... Where were you in that discussion? =)

Its like this now, because people complained it was too powerful. Cryptic /listened/ to them.

People asked for the T4 ships to be available as T5... Cryptic Listened.

People asked for Saucer Separation, etc... Cryptic listened...

Now you're saying because Cryptic has done all these things... that they didn't listen? or did the wrong thing?

Careful what you wish for... you just might get it. =)
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-30-2010, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudach View Post
Yeah but it is a copy of the T4 ships so you do realise that its a waist

The "T5" retrofits are a joke the abilities all but the intrepids are useless and the ships are a downgrade to the normal T5 ships. We should have T6 and NEW SHIPS that are OP that we gain ingame threw a ridiculesly hard instance... but noo lets grind for days to get Retrofits of T4 ships yipy *sigh*
Do you know how many players ASKED for these ships to be refitted and put in game?

Sorry ... but Cryptic only gave what a lot of players were voicing that they wanted.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-30-2010, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wogbogity View Post
Hello all.
I noticed that the star fleet energy credits are in a new tab. This tab is where all the badges are located. I liked it better when the energy credits was on the same tab as the inventory. Thats the whole point of inventory and credits, to know how much you have, how far you have to go to save or what not. Having it on the badge tab is hiding it and making it more difficult.
So anyone who agrees with me please let it be known and hopefully cryptic will take notice and switch it back to the inventory tab.

Thanks all
Agreed. Devs, move the EC counter back, please?