Lt. Commander
# 11
08-01-2010, 10:40 AM
I got it, The game backstory says the Klingons uncovered Undine in the Gorn Hegemony somehow, they also knew Sokketh from the fed's P'jem mission was an Undine. I think the Klingons should get some missions on how they do that.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeLegate View Post

Raid the Planet
This is similar to Aid the Planet but with a Klingon twist. Instead of being hailed and having them ask for stuff from you, you beam down an steal stuff from them, say 20 Terraforming Systems, which you can then sell for money.
Love this idea. THey should add this as an option throughout the exploraiton zones. They could use some existing fed colony type maps and possibly implement it in a short space of time.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Yeah, I have been wanting Raid the Planet since I first encountered Aid the Planet back in Beta
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
I see what you're saying and it makes perfect sense, I just thought of playhing a Klingon as playing the villain, kinda like playing a sith in KOTOR. I was hesitant on mentioning the whole interrogation/ torture type thing, I guess it depends on what we as Klingon players would feel more right. Do we want the heroic Klingon or the blood thirsty(not literally) militaristic Klingon?

I just think interrogating a Fed would play as a huge reminder that we're at war and we have different methods of negotiation, but I think you hold a valid point and made me realize that I want as Klingon gameplay might not be for everybody as i know a lot of people like the idea that Klingon's arent all that bad and can be heroic. So I guess it just depends on what the community wants for gameplay as a whole, do you want to feel like a villain playing a klingon or a hero?
I am with you on the Villian part. My Klingon Faction Trill Captain is suppose to be a villian, but only by reading the back story can another player pick that up. I'm not sure about the torture idea, but I like the idea of missions that highlight the two different tracks a Klingon character could take. Perhapse an Infamy and Hero trackers to distinguish the differences.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Lets bring this back up to see if there are any new ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schipani
I got it, The game backstory says the Klingons uncovered Undine in the Gorn Hegemony somehow, they also knew Sokketh from the fed's P'jem mission was an Undine. I think the Klingons should get some missions on how they do that.
I like this as a backbone storyline idea for the Klingons, as well as the "Raid the Planet" idea.
Hopefully the Dev's will realize we matter enough to make it for us.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schipani
I actually really want some missions that tell the story of how we took over the Gorn Hegemony. It is prime for some decent PvE missions.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-05-2010, 02:24 PM
KDF-Gorn conflict is covered in the Novel, Needs of the Many.

You won't like it.

It involves ...

Baseball.

Not exactly the high point of the book.

Oh and the Undine that are masquerading as Gorn are revealed in the baseball game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-07-2010, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
KDF-Gorn conflict is covered in the Novel, Needs of the Many.

You won't like it.

It involves ...

Baseball.

Not exactly the high point of the book.

Oh and the Undine that are masquerading as Gorn are revealed in the baseball game.
I think I remember them using baseball metaphors and such...I didn't remember baseball games themselves...I could be wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
I think I remember them using baseball metaphors and such...I didn't remember baseball games themselves...I could be wrong.
There was an actual baseball game, I did not think it was all that bad.