Lt. Commander
# 21
09-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeLegate View Post
There was an actual baseball game, I did not think it was all that bad.
The Klingons won but the Federation spun it around......feds are great when it comes to spin...lol
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeLegate View Post
There was an actual baseball game, I did not think it was all that bad.
The worst part of it ... and the most offensive to anyone who is klingon ... is that for the purpose of the story, the writer had to have the Pike City Pioneers represent the Klingon Empire.

That's ... so non-Klingon, it's ridiculous.

A human team representing the empire in a tense diplomatic situation. I mean this goes beyond the whackiness that a diplomatic issue be resolved with baseball, but that the Klingon High Council would approve a human sport, and a human team.

The "justification" for it was somewhat plausible, until you think about any self-respecting Klingon accepting a team of humans to represent their interest with the Gorn.

I can suspend my disbelief just so much.

Lt. Commander
# 23
09-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
The worst part of it ... and the most offensive to anyone who is klingon ... is that for the purpose of the story, the writer had to have the Pike City Pioneers represent the Klingon Empire.

That's ... so non-Klingon, it's ridiculous.

A human team representing the empire in a tense diplomatic situation. I mean this goes beyond the whackiness that a diplomatic issue be resolved with baseball, but that the Klingon High Council would approve a human sport, and a human team.

The "justification" for it was somewhat plausible, until you think about any self-respecting Klingon accepting a team of humans to represent their interest with the Gorn.

I can suspend my disbelief just so much.

Yes, that is definitely sad to hear this....but then again...that would be par for the course...