Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
After they fixed this months ago, Season 2 has now UNFIXED it.

In Secure System explore missions, you will now once again get a dialogue-of-death whilst *STILL* in Red Alert, right in your face the very instant you kill the last ship in a wave (i.e. right when it is about to blow up).

Fix this.... or more accurately, re-fix it. Again. *sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
After they fixed this months ago, Season 2 has now UNFIXED it.

In Secure System explore missions, you will now once again get a dialogue-of-death whilst *STILL* in Red Alert, right in your face the very instant you kill the last ship in a wave (i.e. right when it is about to blow up).

Fix this.... or more accurately, re-fix it. Again. *sigh*
I just noticed this myself, that I'm being bothered by the comm officer right when a warp core breach is happening.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-27-2010, 08:45 PM
And to add insult to injury, I did a bug report on this when it was still on Tribble too... they didn't fix it for the Season 2 release
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-28-2010, 02:08 AM
I would prefer that upon entering a system, enemies are out of combat range. I often get up during loading screens...
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-28-2010, 02:21 AM
Indeed but that is a different issue.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-28-2010, 06:36 AM
Additional info: This is the case in both 'Defend the Ship' and 'Defend the Base' Secure System missions... i.e. something has simply reverted to a pre-patch 1.2 state as this is *exactly* the problem before. Bad bad bad.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-29-2010, 06:28 AM
Actually I am starting to see pop-ups during Red Alert in most of the new Klingon missions as well.

This is a VERY unwelcome development and indicates something has gone rather wrong with the QA process and it makes the whole game look unpolished. Rather discouraging really to see something that was fixed get widely un-fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Klingon mission >> Destiny (space element vs. Breen) >> Pop-Up-Of-Death
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-30-2010, 08:18 AM
Given how long it took to fix this first time around, it would be reassuring to know if a Dev is actually aware that this issue has returned from the Beyond The Grave...
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-31-2010, 11:22 AM
As stated before, both the 'Defend the base' and 'Defend the Ship' Secure system missions have the accursed Pop-Up-Of-Death...

BUT...

...the 'Enemy Confrontation' variant (i.e. the Secure System missions which does not have spawning enemies during the encounter... i.e. they are all pre-set at the initial trigger), does NOT have P-U-O-D and the dialogue box correctly waits until Red Alert is over when you kill the first ship(s)...

SO...

Just copy the code governing that behaviour and use it in every single other mission (clearly someone missed cutting-and-pasting over the newer fixed code with the older broken code in the 'Enemy Confrontation' variant) .