Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Please for the sake of Pete hold pop ups until after red alert clears. Death buy detonating cube or being held into place amidst a swarm of enemies by a pop up is beyond ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
In Secure System explore missions, you will now once again get a dialogue-of-death whilst *STILL* in Red Alert, right in your face the very instant you kill the last ship in a wave (i.e. right when it is about to blow up).
And that's the way it is.

Several times during a "secure system" mission my Bird of Prey was almost destroyed by the dialogue-of-death. Please (re)fix this.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-05-2010, 07:05 AM
The latest patch has NOT re-fixed this.

I would love to know if the devs are even aware of this 100% reproducible issue given how long it took to get them to even acknowledge it was seriously bad the first time.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Lost 5 scan bonuses last night due to pop ups interfering with re modulating the frequency.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Yes, these pop ups are a serious issue that needs to be dealt with. Fortunately for me I've only been extremely annoyed by them as they interfered with gameplay with no ill effect, but having that thing pop up on you with a ship blowing up next to you or while you're still getting shot it should simply not be happening. A nod from the devs to let us know they're looking into this again would be very much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
What I like is I have gotten so used to immediately killing the "dialogue of death" that I miss out in story line. The dialogue of death is so intrusive that I have been conditioned by them to not even read dialogue popups at all, in combat or out of it. It's pretty Pavlovian if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Another patch comes and goes and no fix... or 're-fix' to be more accurate.

I wish I could be sangine that the powers-that-be have even got this fix on their "to do" list, given how long it took them to fix it first time around.

And I would love to know how and why this was unfixed in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-08-2010, 07:29 PM
May I suggest as a workaround, that you change the 'Keep moving during contact dialogs' setting in the 'controls' subsection of the options to 'on'? You still get the Dialog in your face, but you don't stop dead in space!
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graptor View Post
May I suggest as a workaround, that you change the 'Keep moving during contact dialogs' setting in the 'controls' subsection of the options to 'on'? You still get the Dialog in your face, but you don't stop dead in space!
I suspect anyone who has played the game for more than a few weeks has 'Keep moving during contact dialogues' set to 'ON'...

...but that does not address the point that we should not have to fight the damn UI to play the game... it is an *appalling* piece of games design.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-08-2010, 08:13 PM
yeah, totally should be universal suppression on all dialogs when you're in combat. There are however a lot of people in here complaining about being killed because a dialog stopped them next to an exploding ship, so...