Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
08-11-2010, 06:05 AM
Pop-up-of-death... ground edition...

The House Always >> Sulfer my Wraith >> House of Torg >> the moment you kill S'gen you get the Pop-Up-Of-Death (i.e. in the middle of a ground melee with a bunch of Romulans).

Sloppy coding.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Bump, yet another for the list.. cant get over all the down time and patches yet soooo many bugs dont get touched.. for MONTHS ?!?!
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-11-2010, 01:50 PM
And another one...

Blood of the Empire >> Great Halls of Qo'noS : the instant you kill D'Jar, you get a pop-up in your face even if you are still fighting hordes of Fek'lhri.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-11-2010, 02:39 PM
And another...

Destiny >> Defend IKS Batlh from Breen ships ... a mega-dose of instant Pop-Up-Of-Death during Red Alert each time you kill a wave of ships
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Another patch comes and goes and no (re-)fix for this.

I would relax if a dev or someone in the know at least said this was on the 'known issues to address' list given how long it took to address this 100% reproducible matter the first time they fixed it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-19-2010, 06:29 PM
*sigh* Another patch comes and goes and still no fix for this.

This was bug reported on Tribble before it went live on Holodeck, so why oh why oh why...

EDIT: trawling through old posts, I came up this remark by a Cryptic Dev:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UI_Maven
"To have a bunch of text block your vision the instant you kill a ship... is appalling interface design."

I completely agree, which is why this isn't actually supposed to happen.

Your "in-combat" state is supposed to persist for a few seconds after anyone has targeted you, to give time for ships to blow up, etc. before interactions or contact dialogues appear.

Can you give specific examples of maps/missions you're seeing this on, or is it always happening? Do you recall if you were actually in combat (does it still say "Condition Red" at the top of the screen) or were the contact dialogues just appearing too quickly after combat was over?
And here is a screenshot of Pop-up-of-death happening.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Annoyance-by-dialogue-box... anomaly scanners version...

When Fed side doing a scan-the-anomalies mission, when you scan the final 5/5 target, the %$&*&ing "leave system/keep exploring" dialogue box pop up makes it pretty much impossible to do the mini game on the final anomaly. Oh my GOD is that annoying
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Still no fix... but here is an observation that should make fixing this *again* simple as it is clear where to cut-and-paste unbroken code from (i.e code than was not un-fixed by Season 2).

There are THREE versions of the "Secure System" explore mission:

1. Secure System >> Defend Base

2. Secure System >> Defend Ship

3. Secure System >> Enemy Confrontation

The first two examples (Defend Base and Defend Ship) have 'Death-By-Dialogue-Box' (insanely annoying pop-ups during Red Alert).

However the third variant (Enemy Confrontation) does NOT (i.e. it was not broken in Season 2 and whoever the bozo was who cut-and-pasted old broken pre-1.2 patch code into the Secure System missions (and many many many other missions such as ALL the new Klingon missions) somehow missed screwing up this one mission variant.

In the "Enemy Confrontation" version, all dialogues politely wait until Red Alert is over before getting in your face. Just copy the code from there and cut-and-paste back into the other variants and almost all the new stuff since Season 2.

To quote a Cryptic Dev:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UI_Maven
"To have a bunch of text block your vision the instant you kill a ship... is appalling interface design."

I completely agree, which is why this isn't actually supposed to happen.

Your "in-combat" state is supposed to persist for a few seconds after anyone has targeted you, to give time for ships to blow up, etc. before interactions or contact dialogues appear.
So kindly make it so... again!
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Another patch comes and goes... and still not re-fix.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-03-2010, 12:37 AM
How long will you keep posting this log? I think you will be celebrating the 400-day veteran accolade first. Butt I have to say, it's good that you're purrsistant, there should be more of your kind.