Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 41
09-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphenoix
I experienced this twice in Cold Storage while solo. First was the ruined monument, after a scan, while the pop up dialogue box is up, some breen spawn in behind you.

The second was after completing the tone puzzle, the breen spawn in behind you while you're reading the dialogue box..
Bingo! Yes, these were the exact examples I also experienced, Many thanks!

You are also right about them aggroing... sometimes they did and sometimes they didn't and it was no doubt down to luck of where my BOffs were standing at the time
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-27-2010, 08:04 PM
It's definitely an agro range type thing. In Cold Storage, I was reading a dialog box, at some point near or after the tone puzzle. The Breen didn't agro, so I had my Eng BOs drop turrets in preparation for when they did.... and then the turrets started shooting, and it was mayhem from there.
Lt. Commander
# 43
10-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
It is in very specific types of 'Secure System' mission where it happens 100% of the time and other where it never happens at all: - there are three kinds:

1. Secure System - Enemy confrontation: these work fine (no pop-ups during Red Alert)

2. Secure System - Defend Ship: Pop-up of Death happens the *instant* you kill the last ship of each wave, 100% of the time.

3. Secure System - Defend Base: Pop-up of Death happens the *instant* you kill the last ship of each wave, 100% of the time(
Alas, still not fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 44
10-23-2010, 08:31 AM
We just had a big fat patch... did an explore >> secure system >> defend base and...

...Still not fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 45
10-24-2010, 03:47 AM
aye its a real pain, happens every time u defeat a wave of ships, you kill it and before it blows you get a pop-up come to full stop next to a warp-core going critical unless your on the ball you get hit by the blast wave. Its really annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 46
10-24-2010, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXtreme View Post
aye its a real pain, happens every time u defeat a wave of ships, you kill it and before it blows you get a pop-up come to full stop next to a warp-core going critical unless your on the ball you get hit by the blast wave. Its really annoying.
You can set 'Keep moving during contact dialogues' to 'ON' so at least you do not abruptly stop next to the ship about to blow up in your face, but of course you still get the accursed pop-up that often obscures said exploding ships or behind which the NEXT wave of enemies spawn

For me the galling thing is this was fixed previously and then unfixed during the Season 2 patch, so it is not like there is some unfathomable bug lurking somewhere that they just cannot find (and to add insult to injury, I spotted this fact on the Tribble Test Server and told them they had re-introduced Death-By-Dialogue-Box... but this bug went live anyway like some undead zombie slasher killer that just refuses to stay dead).
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramak
Star Cluster maps
Yeah, something seemed to get reverted in one of them that I tested
Still broken
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-11-2010, 06:56 AM
DOH... it now occurs to me that the obvious solution is at hand...

...The groovy new mini dialogue boxes that have been introduced! Face it, there is zero reason for any "click interaction" between attack waves, so just add the nice new mini-dialogues and... voila! Problem fixed!

Just do it!