Lt. Commander
# 11
08-06-2010, 05:41 AM
I don't think the people playing with a lower-level character is seeing the Diplomatic experience points as such a big mountain to climb since they continually have diplomatic xp with the starting patrols, the nearby social hub planets and the star cluster missions.

The ones that are now around Admiral-rank and have to grind from scratch to reach all the diplomatic ranks and perks, these are the ones that whine more, I think.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****tor View Post
I don't think the people playing with a lower-level character is seeing the Diplomatic experience points as such a big mountain to climb since they continually have diplomatic xp with the starting patrols, the nearby social hub planets and the star cluster missions.

The ones that are now around Admiral-rank and have to grind from scratch to reach all the diplomatic ranks and perks, these are the ones that whine more, I think.
That is because it is a god awful tedius grind from hell. There would not be a problem if it twas quest based but it is not at anything above LtCdr. If you are starting a character from scratch, you are going to level it without even trying.

It is made even worse when about 1/3 of the "aid the planet" missions don't respond.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-06-2010, 11:37 AM
There are 5 at Memory Alpha - one from each of the Ferengi vendors, one from O'Brien, and one from the other guy in the Engineering section.

There is one at Starbase 39-Sierra, in the shipyard room.

There's one on Vulcan.( ambasidor vulcan chick)

There's one at Bajor. (unmisable cardasions agrueing in space)

and i whine alot about it, sometime to the point of my first officer has to be in command, but realy being a VA doing them sucks lol :p
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Where can you check your DXP?
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRC
Where can you check your DXP?
Click on your XP bar, then click the Diplomacy tab in the window that pops up.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-10-2010, 06:44 PM
This has got to be bugged for me. I have a whole 1 DXP and I know I've done a few displomatic missions. When I pull up the screen that lists the 4 ranks for DXP, clicking on either of the 4 tells me I have 50 DXP to reach the next level.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
This has got to be bugged for me. I have a whole 1 DXP and I know I've done a few displomatic missions. When I pull up the screen that lists the 4 ranks for DXP, clicking on either of the 4 tells me I have 50 DXP to reach the next level.
You see 1 because you are looking at your Accolades. The number in the accolade does not change.

To see your current Diplo XP do what I said in the post above... Which, as you saw, stated you have 50 DXP to the next level.. Or 5 diplo missions.
Lt. Commander
# 18 Re
08-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_K.C. View Post
You just answered your own question
There isn't really an "initial quest chain" or starting point. You can start your first FDC mission on a planet like Vulcan or Bajor or M-A, the station K7, or wandering the star clusters. As long as they don't involve combat they should grant Diplomatic experience.

People gripe how long it takes to get enough DXP to advance. I say, so what? Why is everyone in such a big rush to get to Vice Adm, Ambassador, or whatever? You guys do know there's a level cap right??
Heck, I wish I could stay captain my entire career! hehe But I did start a new character to get the most out of the DXP. For some reason using my Captain to find DXP was quite a struggle.
Lt. Commander
Finally grinded my way to Fed Ambassador and even managed to vote once on DS9.

Does anyone know where the Diplomatic Store is located? I think we are supposed to be able to buy warp tokens or something?
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-27-2010, 08:33 AM
No "warp tokens" to buy anywhere, I'm afraid... you get all your Transwarp powers automatically when you reach a new Diplomacy rank and it's on a 30 minutes cooldown timer so you don't need any "tokens" for it. (unless you mean the special item that the guy that you vote on brings with him?).

Anyway, just an FYI, you kinda necro'ed this thread