Lt. Commander
# 21
07-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Afterall it would seem that narration of the sector blocks is something that only a Vulcan can do.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-28-2010, 06:54 PM
I remember getting in trouble several times for not leaving the bridge when I was told to, and also for going mental and shooting everyone. I would always get beamed to the Brig, and then have Tuvok tell me I'm a jerk.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Tuvok was great in Elite Force. He made the game.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-28-2010, 06:59 PM
I fully support this Campaign thread, but what we really need to do is think of as many different ways of getting the character Tuvok into STO and then post our ideas. I believe it's important to come up with a good reason for why Tuvok is going to be in STO and we need to think of what type of situation the players will encounter Tuvok in, will it be a one off encounter?

Preferably not, as this would reduce the chances of the VO work becoming a reality in my opinion. Chase Masterson's VO work went to Holo Leeta who talks to the players while they play Dabo, which is something that can be revisted time and again.

I will look into this myself and post any ideas I come up with, but I employ all those who are willing, to research as much info as possible, try to find out exactly what the character Tuvok would be doing in the time that STO is based in right now, find out what he's been doing and how he got there. Then maybe, just maybe with our combined efforts, we can help Cryptic come up with a brilliant idea for Tuvoks character, location as well as purpose within STO.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
I fully support this Campaign thread, but what we really need to do is think of as many different ways of getting the character Tuvok into STO and then post our ideas. I believe it's important to come up with a good reason for why Tuvok is going to be in STO and we need to think of what type of situation the players will encounter Tuvok in, will it be a one off encounter?

Preferably not, as this would reduce the chances of the VO work becoming a reality in my opinion. Chase Masterson's VO work went to Holo Leeta who talks to the players while they play Dabo, which is something that can be revisted time and again.

I will look into this myself and post any ideas I come up with, but I employ all those who are willing, to research as much info as possible, try to find out exactly what the character Tuvok would be doing in the time that STO is based in right now, find out what he's been doing and how he got there. Then maybe, just maybe with our combined efforts, we can help Cryptic come up with a brilliant idea for Tuvoks character, location as well as purpose within STO.
I agree. This is a harder sell to Cryptic unless we can come up with a way that makes Russ's inclusion seem natural. He is a Vulcan though, and he's still around at the time of STO. From what I've learned, he is currently first officer on the Titan in the STO timeline.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-28-2010, 07:13 PM
I could have sworn I read in one of the loading screens that Tuvok became head of Starfleet security, or is instructing on Earth. It would be a great reason to visit Earth. Maybe he would have training exercises we could complete for accolades to keep our skills sharp?
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Tim Russ is a great guy and really puts his all into his work. I really hope we can get him in STO.

As for what Tuvok could do in STO, there are many possibilities:

1) Be involved with Janeway and Chakotay in countering the Undine as part of an independent operation (Janeway taking full responsiblity). And Tuvok is acting as the mission giver.

2) Tuvok could be on Vulcan giving out missions that reflect on the history of the Federation where players could learn more about the planet and more.

3) Be part of a Delta Quadrant expansion.

And much more.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Lets not forget Tim Russ makes a great Klingon which he has done on screen.
He could do VO for both Starfleet/KDF.
Twice the value!
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
Lets not forget Tim Russ makes a great Klingon which he has done on screen.
He could do VO for both Starfleet/KDF.
Twice the value!
bonus win. I'm sure KDF players would appreciate the love.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-28-2010, 07:57 PM
I would love to hear voice overs from Tim Russ for missions.
Closed Thread