Lt. Commander
# 1 The New PVP queue is broken.
07-27-2010, 09:51 PM
I constantly have to click "engage" and yet nothing happens.

Not only that, but it also kicks me off the queues as a whole OR/and blocks the other maps from showing the engage button.

We told you this, cryptic, when this went live on tribble.

Now its here. in full force. fckn everything up.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2010, 01:33 AM
yeah not impressed with the new queuing system its made things worse not better.

it can take up to an hour to get into a game where the numbers ARE NOT balanced.

you have effectively broken the only thing left in the game that I still do on a regular basis.....
Lt. Commander
# 3 Bump!
07-28-2010, 04:46 AM
Agreed. This peek-a-boo queue is absolute garbage. I'd rather be dumped into games where I'm out numbered than be flooded with the constant "queue you were offered did not have enough members" psych out.

It appears to me that this system can only work if you only allow users to queue up for one map at a time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-28-2010, 05:18 AM
This "new and improved" queue system is the ultimate ****-tease...
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-28-2010, 05:39 AM
I really thought it wouldn't turn out that bad on Holodeck as it did on the player-starved Tribble.

Mustrum "Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-28-2010, 06:59 AM
its just LOL, i mean sure we could wait how that works out when more people are at VA, but seriously the new system is totally crappy, and at lower levels there probably wont be any pvp anymore popping up. 30 seconds? ...dropping out of que? only half the team joining... pretty much fail as it is and in urgent need of fixing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-28-2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
you have effectively broken the only thing left in the game that I still do on a regular basis.....
And that's the way it is.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-28-2010, 07:52 AM
There is no good way to set up a Q pvp system. Give us world pvp. seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-28-2010, 08:11 AM
This is another example where Cryptic took advice about a topic from people who don't regularly participate in that community - and the new feature basically takes a crap on those of us who actually belong to the community.

It seems PvP and Klingons, to name two specific communities, have changes driven primarily from a player community that infrequently PvPs or plays Klingon.

Cryptic really does need to find a better way to communicate to their various communities, because as it is right now they are using logic like:

After building a PvP community among Klingons for 6 months - Klingons are in dire need of PvE!

or

It sure will help the slowdown in PvP queues if we make it more difficult for PvP queues to start!

Talk about out of touch.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-28-2010, 08:19 AM
qeues are pretty bad, but I think that the best description I could give would get me infracted