Lt. Commander
When Cryptic picked it up they said they were not going to mess with ship interiors. So the community pushed for it and now Cryptic apparently delivered interiors using graphics from their space stations in game. Even the warp core room is identical to the one in the tutorial. So where are all the "canon" people at now? I never realized that Marry Poppins was part of Star Trek with small ships and huge interiors.

Onto Voice Overs; as I suspected with Pelia Sector Space there was no Voice Over by Leonard Nimoy or anybody else for that matter. VO's cost too much money and are way too much trouble once the game gets going. Anybody who remembers playing Earth and Beyond will know what I am talking about after the devs removed VO's from the game in favor of text about 6 months into it. So with the MMO market not doing so hot right now and people complaining about the C-Store (good source of funding) you are never going to see proper interiors to scale or VO's.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2010, 04:52 AM
What do you want to see improved and how?
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-28-2010, 05:23 AM
go play dabo mate then tell me that VO are over, and as for ship interiors its a start. the game is only 6 mouths old and since its an online game they can keep adding to it. yes id like to choose my sick bay and the type of corridors i have on my ship id like my captains quarters to be fully customizable and have a reason to it. but i am sure that it will all happen in time.
and Darren_Kitlor is completely right be constructive what do you want changed or improved??
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-28-2010, 05:27 AM
I think no Voice Over from Leonard Nimoy might have to do with the fact that he declared his acting career officially over. He is probably not interested in doing VOs, either. A little sad, admittedly. maybe they can Quinto to do one? (THough I've heard some critique against his voicework, so maybe someone else would be better.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-28-2010, 05:27 AM
I love the insides of my BoP and thats all that is required.
Personally I don't feel that Cryptic will ever satisfy the fanatic crowd with anything they produce due to the unreasonable expectations of the fanatics. Why can't you be happy with what you are being given, the hard work Cryptic is putting into your beloved genre and the fact that the Dev's are attempting to give you all what you wanted?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Patrick Stewart
William shatner
katherine mulgrew
Robert picardo
John de Lancie maybe
could even try Jeri Ryan since were fighting the borg and species 8472
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-28-2010, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSurpeme
Well if many of you remember perpetual before they went **** up they were working on vast ship interiors for this game. When Cryptic picked it up they said they were not going to mess with ship interiors. So the community pushed for it and now Cryptic apparently delivered interiors using graphics from their space stations in game. Even the warp core room is identical to the one in the tutorial. Of course the brownshirts will come out of the woodwork like the bad consumers they are and try and defend the interiors. So where are all the "canon" people at now? I never realized that Marry Poppins was part of Star Trek with small ships and huge interiors.
I like to look at the Interiors as they are now as simply the first step. We have them in the game, now to start getting them to have purpose.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-28-2010, 06:07 AM
Just glad we have some interiors ! Dont complain about this now.I'm sure they will make more improvments to them later.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-28-2010, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSurpeme
Well if many of you remember perpetual before they went **** up they were working on vast ship interiors for this game. When Cryptic picked it up they said they were not going to mess with ship interiors. So the community pushed for it and now Cryptic apparently delivered interiors using graphics from their space stations in game. Even the warp core room is identical to the one in the tutorial. Of course the brownshirts will come out of the woodwork like the bad consumers they are and try and defend the interiors. So where are all the "canon" people at now? I never realized that Marry Poppins was part of Star Trek with small ships and huge interiors.

Onto Voice Overs; as I suspected with Pelia Sector Space there was no Voice Over by Leonard Nimoy or anybody else for that matter. VO's cost too much money and are way too much trouble once the game gets going. Anybody who remembers playing Earth and Beyond will know what I am talking about after the devs removed VO's from the game in favor of text about 6 months into it. So with the MMO market not doing so hot right now and people complaining about the C-Store (good source of funding) you are never going to see proper interiors to scale or VO's. So all of you SWTOR fan boys can stop making threads about VO's now, it has been done before and amidst a much better economy and it failed.
Space station? I haven't seen any space station assets in the interiors.

The tutorial is set aboard a ship interior. Several missions are as well. These inteiors are cleaned up from that... The one "station interior" I saw is that they reused the ship interior science lab on K7 for a mission but it's clearly based on the science labs we've seen aboard ships.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-28-2010, 06:33 AM
/signed on the horrible interriors... they are all i feared them to be.
(first time i am not impressed by cryptics work after launch)

NOT on the VO's
of course Nimoy isn't doing VO's for two single sectors.
The man made a bunch of recordings in one sweep and was gone, you think he comes back to cryptic everytime they make a new Sectorblock? naaaah!
And yes go play Dabo and look at this Thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=146571 this actually happened because of Playerdemand!