Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-28-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalic89
Patrick Stewart
William shatner
katherine mulgrew
Robert picardo
John de Lancie maybe
could even try Jeri Ryan since were fighting the borg and species 8472
I have to say the Leeta VO was spot on. Not just because they got the right actress. She was in character, the dialog was good and the voice acting was believable. Not so for some of the other voice over work, from performers I really like by the way.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-28-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Space station? I haven't seen any space station assets in the interiors.

The tutorial is set aboard a ship interior. Several missions are as well. These inteiors are cleaned up from that... The one "station interior" I saw is that they reused the ship interior science lab on K7 for a mission but it's clearly based on the science labs we've seen aboard ships.
You may want to look again bud. The warp core room is Identical to the one in the tutorial. None of the interiors was made from the ground up.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-28-2010, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
What do you want to see improved and how?
Its a good thing Chase Masterson decided to do the VO's in Dabo. This is a good thing, but as I said before to people, do not get carried away. VO in a minigame is one thing for storyline and quests is a whole different story. The interiors should have been put on hold until something better could have been drawn up. You have people running around saying "its as start" and my question is why would Cryptic string together space station interiors and then go back and make it correct from the ground up. I don't see that happening.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-28-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSurpeme
You may want to look again bud. The warp core room is Identical to the one in the tutorial. None of the interiors was made from the ground up.
Umm that warp core room was in.......wait for it... a ship. So he was right.

Remember, we had no bridges, then we got one, then we got different ones as well as different color schemes. That same sequencing of events might happen for the other rooms.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-28-2010, 07:01 AM
You know, they didn't have to give us interiors, you could play the game for years and never need to visit the interior. They did it because people were asking for it, because we want to be able to walk the decks of our ship and better facilitate the role playing aspect of the game. You act like they're being lazy but adding the interiors represents a good amount of work and using elements from other federation environments helps add to the overall cohesiveness of the design.

Maybe you just like complaining about the game more than you like playing it?
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-28-2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Its a good thing Chase Masterson decided to do the VO's in Dabo. This is a good thing, but as I said before to people, do not get carried away. VO in a minigame is one thing for storyline and quests is a whole different story. The interiors should have been put on hold until something better could have been drawn up. You have people running around saying "its as start" and my question is why would Cryptic string together space station interiors and then go back and make it correct from the ground up. I don't see that happening.
They toss stuff out to shut people up, people scream for things and throw tantrums, so just like a screaming infant quiets down for a moment or two when you give it what it wants, you got interiors.

Do they do anything, nope. Will they ever? Maybe, maybe not, but the tantrums were addressed, but now we get the new tantrums because this cookie is oatmeal and some people want oatmeal-raisin. And on it goes. Eat your cookie and behave till mommy gets oatmeal-raisin for you later.

Myself, I hate both kinds of oatmeal cookie, so bringing me those wouldn't work, I like those little Italian ones that look like 3 color layer cakes.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Yes, but what do you want improved and how?

You see a lot not happening (and there are many things that aren't) but what do you think can reasonably happen?

Could repair/heal minigames be developed and tested within the month? I'd like that - it'd give me something to do.

If we're stuck with huge interiors - how about giving us something to do in them?

What would you like to see?
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-28-2010, 07:46 AM
On the topic of VO, it would be nice if Cryptic held contents for players to submit VO samples to be selected for usage in game. They could maybe give the winners a few months free or some in game title or item -etc....

Not everything has to cost a great deal of money if people try to come up with creative ways of adding to the experience on the cheap.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
/signed on the horrible interriors... they are all i feared them to be.
(first time i am not impressed by cryptics work after launch)

NOT on the VO's
of course Nimoy isn't doing VO's for two single sectors.
The man made a bunch of recordings in one sweep and was gone, you think he comes back to cryptic everytime they make a new Sectorblock? naaaah!
And yes go play Dabo and look at this Thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=146571 this actually happened because of Playerdemand!
Additionally nothing says it won't get a voice over later as well. I won't even begin to claim that I can foresee all the problems with contracts and royalties and coordinating production time and doing all this by 'X.' I expect if enough people say they want it, it will be added. Maybe at a time when more sector content becomes available so that you can most effectively use the time in studio.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-28-2010, 08:10 AM
Voiceovers don't need to be done by famous people. In fact, I think that actually DETRACTS from the experience.

All we need is for our Bridge Officers to occasionally deliver information in an auditory form. Having someone actually make a verbal comment from time to time can go a long way towards giving the world life.

"Entering standard orbit, Captain"
"Scanning the anomaly now"
"Klingons decloaking!"
"Looking for ship upgrades, eh? Lemme show you what Starfleet has available for you..."

All of these could really give the world some life.