Lt. Commander
# 1 PVP On Demand- Private Queue
07-28-2010, 09:45 AM
About 3 months ago the popularity of the private match peaked. As feds struggled to find enemies to finish their new "dailies" they flooded the organized PVP chat channel and corresponding ventrilo server. Dozens of high quality top tier PVP matches were held in such a fashion, with full teams, fair play, and no QQ. That all ended with FvF and the feds instantaneous satisfaction for pvp. Perhaps the epic fail of Cryptics new Queue will indirectly bring about the return of true premade pvp. Please use the PremadePVP and OrganizedPVP chat channels for this purpose and bring life back into the game!

Ill join you soon as my pc was eaten by an adware monster and fresh reinstall waiting on new STO dl (glorious -40%!) <S>
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2010, 09:58 AM
for sanity's sake, most private matches go in the unlabeled FVF and FVK qeues near the bottom because no one actually qeues for them. Its generally easier.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Already got your back on this one:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=163507

Changes/additions of:
  • Public Queue Interface
  • Private Match Interface
  • Tournament Match Interface.

Lt. Commander
# 4
07-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Honestly the alteration to the q system didnt anger me nearly as much as i thought it would. Having a full team rdy to go makes the battle end faster, more satisfying, and more balanced (in most cases). This might be one of those times when patience is called for, I just wish cryptic would allow us to control the Q like the old gamespy sfc3 interface. Of course if you know ten people ready and willing, launching a private q (or simply all agreeing to join one q at a certain moment) works fine. <S>
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
About 3 months ago the popularity of the game peaked...
Fixed it for you...