Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-30-2010, 01:51 PM
I've had four of these fail today, two worked.

1 of the four I got no BoFF reaction at beging...which leads to nothing

3 of the four I was talked to by my BoFF but the planet ignored me

All of them were in B'tran
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-30-2010, 02:40 PM
It might help us debug this issue if you do the following:

1. In the mission area where it happens, submit a Bug Report.
2. Mention the ticket number in this thread.
3. Explain what happened (i.e. Your Bridge Officer didn't brief you when you warped into the system, the planet's inhabitants didn't hail you when you approached the planet, etc.)

There's some stuff that gets attached to a bug ticket that helps us better debug the issue

Thanks for your reports, folks!
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-30-2010, 02:49 PM
It just happens at random. I warp into the system and fly to the planet but never get a pop up from my officer or the inhabitants
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Mines a bit different for btran. Guy said he only needed 10 warp coils. Got 10 and nothing. Got 20 and it completed. Just need to change dialog.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Just Got A Mark 11 Reward From Doing The Rolar Nebula And I Am Capt 2 Also Getting Level 9-10 Stuff Too When The Max Level Stuff I Should Be Getting Is 8
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Submitted GM ticket last night #933240

Left B'Tran to get more Entertainment Provisions (20). Returned to B'Tran and clicked on "Continue Patrol Mission Tau etc etc Planetary Relief Mission" button in lower right corner. Instead of sending me back into the instance, the game generates a new random star cluster mission. I now have a nice pile of "Continue Mission" buttons in the lower right corner of my screen.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Ticket #934,214. Entered system, no pops from boff, or from planet.
Lt. Commander
# 18 Argh!
07-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramak

3. Explain what happened (i.e. Your Bridge Officer didn't brief you when you warped into the system, the planet's inhabitants didn't hail you when you approached the planet, etc.)

There's some stuff that gets attached to a bug ticket that helps us better debug the issue

I have two RA5s and two VA1s... and do my B'tran dailies every day with them and probably get about 15 Aid the planets that either don't give me a BOff dialog box OR give BOff dialog .. but in both cases I don't get a planet dialog. I sent a bug report this morning for one. But I have been sending bug reports about the aid the planets all during 1.2 ... I am extremely disappointed that this was not fixed for 2.0 (mainly because I didn't get the 160 diplomatic XP from the starbase security accolade that was added. and the aid the planets give 10 DipXP) So, I spent all day trying to get the extra DipXP so I could get the extra points needed to be attache to get the contact for DipMissions.

Anyway... I think EVERYONE should send a BUG report ... EVERY SINGLE TIME they get an aid the planet... because they don't seem to understand how frequently this happens. I get about 15 aid the planets a day with all my toons, and since 2.0 (27th) I have only had one work. so 4 day time 15 is 60... 59 failed and 1 worked. (note: 16 and I would have the 160xp for the Dip Contact... and I got what.. 80 from doing the common area Dip misisons)

The other problem is I can't team in B'tran... everyone ends up on a different instance ... grrrr. How did 2.0 go live with this bug? (don't get me started on the PvP queues... it adds and drops me,.. won't let me join.. says I joined then says no possible maps)...

I'm looking at my ticket from this morning for the Aid the planet and it doesn't show the ticket number? grrr... the system was "System T - 348".. there is another (DIFFERENT) system I always gets that fails (no dialog from Boff or planet)... it has 5 moons. (I actually flew to all of the moons, to test once, because they had the mission objective circles on the map... just to see if I got the dialog on one of the moons ... no luck there).

Oh one last thing.. you might think it isn't a big deal.. we don't get the dialog leave and go to another mission... well You try that in B'tran (Vice Admiral) cluster... there are only ever 2 instance with 8,000,000 ships all racing to each new anomaly indicator thing that pops up... if it's not one annoying messed up thing it's another! >:-( A guy in my fleet put it best this morning... "the point of 2.0 was to make 1.2 more annoying and barely playable"

but I will do exactly what you are saying and submit my bug reports for every time I get the bug (even though that will make doing dailies take longer)... I can't imagine why just knowing that the dialog(s) don't pop up, isn't enough information to debug this problem. but happy to do whatever I can to help you fix the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:

Ticket #933195

No BO brief on entry or Planetary Contact on approach
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:

OK Terramak, I will do so and post the pertinent info here after I obtain ticket numbers.

SHould I create a ticket every time? I dont want to abuse the system. It happens ALOT.

Thanks!