Lt. Commander
# 1 Crystalline Romulan Entities
07-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Okay, I've had this problem since Launch, but never this bad. Today it was so bad that I decided it was time to complain and request that something be done about it ASAP!!!

The Romulan Centurion Medics.

These Little *******s are a major pain in the ass. Now that is not entirely true when there is only one of them in a battle group. At those times they are slightly annoying, but manageable. However, when there are two of them, the battle group gets ridiculous!!! I mean REALLY RIDICULOUS!!!

I've learned before to target them first, so today I came across one of them and had my entire Away team lay down fire and brimstone upon it. After a good four minutes the ******* finally went down. Why did it take so long to take down ONE GUY!?! Well that's because not only can he heal but he can recharge his personal shields too!!!

But again, just one is only slightly annoying. However, in this particular group (and this happens 9 out of 10 times) there were two. And this is how it went... Fire Upon Medic One and after a few minutes of him Re-Healing and Re-Charging his Personal Shields we finally take him down. Enter Medic Two. Medic Two immediately resurrects Medic One. (Note: He cannot be stopped from doing this) And then Medic One immediately Heals himself and then Re-Charges his Personal Shield. All in a matter of seconds. And when he's done he's at Full Health and Shields again.

I began to get very annoyed and I have usually gotten annoyed when this happened before too, but this time it was just too much. So I decided to take my stopwatch and time this engagement. It lasted 18 Minutes and 23 Seconds. Here's what my watch reads; 18:23:48. And how many did I actually take down? ZERO!!! And the entire 18 Minutes was spent with this one medic targeted. Oh, and by the way, I didn't win after 18 minutes. I quit.

(Note: Ranting)
I've had enough of this crap. Frankly, I love STO and think that you guys are doing a great job. I'm particularly fond of Season 2, but this feature has got to go! I mean NOW!!! Now, I know you want to make it fair (If Players can do it then the AI can) But this is ridiculous. I should not be spending over five minutes on a small squad when I have five to take down to complete the mission.

(Note: Demands/Request)
PLEASE limit one Centurion Medic per Squad. Two is one too many. Any combo that makes a skirmish a stalemate does not make the game fun it makes it stupid and pointless. SO PLEASE MAKE THIS CHANGE!!! It is important to keep in mind that I will not be quitting over this, as I can always skip Romulan Missions not related to the story, but should I really have to?

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2010, 12:35 PM
YES!!!!

This has happend to me also, and after 30mins I finally beat the squad of romulans and there pesky medics, but I was very very very close to quiting and throwing my keyboard and mouse in a fit of rage!!!

Signed/
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Where is this encounter? I don't ever recall any tough Romulan groups except for the ones with the Reman Captain that clones himself. Are alll your BOs equipped with single target Expose weapons (they have the fastest cooldown timer)? Are you equipping kits that have expose and/or hold abilities? EDIT: IF you didn't get my implied point, You want to vaporize the medics.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-28-2010, 12:46 PM
/SIGNED

AMEN!

RIGHT ON!

Wait until you get two Borg combat medics.

BTW: get Bat'leth (sp). They ignore shields. I send my team to one medic to keep it occupied while I ouch the other one away from the group while beating it to death with the Sword of Kahless. Then I go back and finish off the other one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-28-2010, 12:50 PM
I think in several of the Romulan missions I had intermittent problem with this. I don't recall if I ran into it much in exploration. I certainly know it was a pain playing on Elite. Usually I ended up having to take out one of the medics myself while assigning my BOff's to target any other on the board, occasionally switching fire over to take out who they resurrected. Frankly I would prefer them resurrecting people with no hps so I can drop them again with bleedthrough damage than healing themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Indeed.
07-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I had expose weapons, but for some reason these guys just weren't being exposed. And I did eventually have my BOs try and keep the other one busy, but he just did the same thing to them. All in all, it's just a broken tactic.

PS: I get ya on that fit of rage thing. I was actually picturing myself throwing my monitor across the room.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by veediotgamer View Post
Yeah, I had expose weapons, but for some reason these guys just weren't being exposed. And I did eventually have my BOs try and keep the other one busy, but he just did the same thing to them. All in all, it's just a broken tactic.

PS: I get ya on that fit of rage thing. I was actually picturing myself throwing my monitor across the room.
There's only a 10% chance to expose on an expose attack. Thus, equip single target expose weapons (I think those are exclusively the stun pistols) and have all of your BOs target one medic at a time. You should, statistically, get exposes at a faster rate. Also, equip yourself with 2 exploit weapons in case you get lucky and have multiple exposes in rapid succession.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudos17 View Post
YES!!!!

This has happend to me also, and after 30mins I finally beat the squad of romulans and there pesky medics, but I was very very very close to quiting and throwing my keyboard and mouse in a fit of rage!!!

Signed/
I find this not only to Romulan squads but Medics general. Not sure, if is supposed to be as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-28-2010, 01:36 PM
I had very much the same problem fighting a Romulan Medic alone in the mission "Bringing down the house". This was a part of the mission where I had to beam down by myself and fight.

It was just me and the one medic. I fought for twenty minutes straight without avail and finally just disconnected in frustration. The medic was able to heal himself when knocked prone, when stunned from hand-to-hand...always. I couldn't do enough damage so that an expose followed by an exploit would vaporize him.

It started out challenging...then got merely frustrating and crazy-making.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Also, make good use of your kits and Captain powers. In the new Borg mission, My Boffs and I do slow damage against Borg, but I found Support and Seeker Drones seem to rip through Borg like a hot knife through butter (and that's without any Skill Points in Ground).