Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Look on the bright side: if you buy 2 refits, each character can take the third one as a free choice; then all characters can fly all 3 refits.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
soooo you want it to be more free than free?
Did you not read my first Sentence? 500 Emblems is not free. Its is an insipid, tedious waste of time. I could stomach, say 50 Emblems for a Ship (and the Mark standard of 7 for weapons, and 50 for Gear).
Quote:
I get the feeling some people would only be happy if they logged in to find these ships instantly ported into their ship list.
Reading skills would be useful. I, in no way, stated or implied I wanted the ships automatically. I did imply that 500 emblems is too much.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLuDaxx
Yea of course... but they are capitalizing on the opportunity that for example i get the gal refit with the token and then i would want the intrepid too... then what? do the same missions over and over again for 500 emblems? Ouch
well they are capitalizing on it yes. ( thank you capitalist society ) But it is not forced. ( you used the word *****, and if it was put in context of this issue then it would not be ****. )

as for the 500 emblems. if someone wants ti bad enough, but they don't want to spend money then they can do it without money. granted it is hard, but it should be hard, you have to earn it, and they have to make money.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
You can earn emblems at VA1.

You cannot use any of the refits until you reach Vice Admiral 1 - and you can get one for free then.

Once you reach that rank, there are no less than 4 ways of earning emblems:
  • Exploration
  • STFs
  • Fleet actions
  • PvP

Essentially, it's paying for an unlock to lateral options (you're guaranteed to have free access to at least one of the ships as soon as you reach Vice Admiral 1).

So, if you play a lot, you can get all three ships for free.

The reason this was done is that Cryptic couldn't justify the creative costs of the refits (new approval, licensing, dev time, testing time, etc.), unless:
a) they were in the c-store
or
b) you could earn them over time.
I understand your point but damn these ships are esentially star trek canon... plus they are recycled ships from previous tears... and with abilities they should've had in the first place. Saucer separation is almost an ability most cruisers have even the connie was designed for the separation.

Thanx for the help about the emblems!!!
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLuDaxx
I understand your point but damn these ships are esentially star trek canon... plus they are recycled ships from previous tears... and with abilities they should've had in the first place. Saucer separation is almost an ability most cruisers have even the connie was designed for the separation.
!
Once again you have two ways to get them for free.

and if you must try them out, then what you need to do is transfer over to tribble, and try out the ships before you buy. ( you transfer over buy the ship, try it out. if you don't like it transfer over again until you have tried each one out, then go back to holodeck and buy the ship you want. )
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
Once again you have two ways to get them for free.

and if you must try them out, then what you need to do is transfer over to tribble, and try out the ships before you buy. ( you transfer over buy the ship, try it out. if you don't like it transfer over again until you have tried each one out, then go back to holodeck and buy the ship you want. )
You sort off missed the point about the orignal OP but I understand what you're saying... you know some people are like always in a hurry to have the latest content out there

I have exaclty done this... and I already decided to get the gal refit. Im career cruiser captain. I've tried all three classes but cruisers fit my style best.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Did you not read my first Sentence? 500 Emblems is not free. Its is an insipid, tedious waste of time. I could stomach, say 50 Emblems for a Ship (and the Mark standard of 7 for weapons, and 50 for Gear).Reading skills would be useful. I, in no way, stated or implied I wanted the ships automatically. I did imply that 500 emblems is too much.
I read it, i just disagree with you that it's not free. If i can get it without spending money then it's free, seems rather logical. I don't put a price on my free time unlike my work time.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
If i can get it without spending money then it's free
You have a skewed sense of resources, of which time and money are subsets. If something is FREE it means you spent absolutely no resources on it. The closest you can get to free is if some random stranger you've never met before gave you something. The cost in either money or time for extra Retrofit ships is just too high.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-28-2010, 01:16 PM
I swear it must be something about the Napster-generation that makes people think that the customer has the final say on the price of things, rather than the seller.

If you think it's too much, don't buy it. It's the clearest message you can send.

If you thnk you are gonna haggle the price down (which I guess is what this thread is about...), try to be just a tiny bit more persuasive than "I think it should be less... So gimme."
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Did you not read my first Sentence? 500 Emblems is not free. Its is an insipid, tedious waste of time. I could stomach, say 50 Emblems for a Ship (and the Mark standard of 7 for weapons, and 50 for Gear).
It was either charging for convenience and having them available also by the free token and the 500 emblem option

or

Having it exclusively to the c-store.

There was a time investment where they'd break even, so the bean counter could look the other way and let players have a free means of earning the vessel.