Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
07-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-child View Post
somehow this thread feels like "i want to buy them but it's to expensive".

they should be as expensive as they are right now, ships are something that affects gameplay, it should be expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
Bill and I have both posted over on the Champions boards to respond to questions raised by microtransactions. I'll just reiterate what's already been copied and pasted from Bill's State of the Game address on Champions:
  • The vast majority are aesthetic items, such as costume pieces, action figures, emblems, etc.
  • A very few are account-level management tools, such as being able to rename a character
  • Micro-transactions should never limit your ability to enjoy the game or reach the level cap
  • Any micro-transaction that has a game effect can also be earned in the game through play

These principles apply also to Star Trek.

BTW, I haven't been too active on these boards over the past few months. In my role, I oversee development of both Champions and STO (as well as another mystery project); a lot of focus has been on Champions as it approaches launch. But as soon as it hits shelves (Sept. 1st), I'll be turning my "lidless eye" (gratuitous geek reference) to STO. I'm even moving my office downstairs to be with the team. Craig tells me that the STO crew met that with a lot of...excitement (or fear, not sure which). So you'll be seeing my bright shining face a tad more in the days to come.