Lt. Commander
# 21
07-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Just wanted to drop in and say, I'm all for meaningful PvP, as long as PvE isn't affected.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
SPoken like a true Klingon.
Let the Bloodwine Flow! One day we shall drink it from the skulls of our enemies.
Breakfast cereal my friend...I'll be eating breakfast cereal out of thier skulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Just wanted to drop in and say, I'm all for meaningful PvP, as long as PvE isn't affected.
Understood, there really isnt any reason why it would have to. Though I'd like to see traditional PvEers have a means of dabbeling and contributing in and to combat areas. Yesa, you'd be open to attack...but at least you'd only expose yourself to the threat by your choice of entering and participating in the combat area. The key thing, is that typical PvEers be provided a truly meaningful means of contributing to the war effort, without necessarily being an explict combatant in PvP battles.

Even logistics vessels may have a weapon mount...and for good reason.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Breakfast cereal my friend...I'll be eating breakfast cereal out of thier skulls!
The wife has me on breakfast protien shakes.
I would argue with her, but being a klingon it would involve witnesses , knives and a medic standing by....
besides she knows where I sleep at nite.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-30-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
The wife has me on breakfast protien shakes.
I would argue with her, but being a klingon it would involve witnesses , knives and a medic standing by....
besides she knows where I sleep at nite.
lol...it cant be that bad. Have some bacon with it
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-02-2010, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
lol...it cant be that bad. Have some bacon with it
MMMMM. Baco-protien shakes.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post
Why do people like you react in such a way when others try to come up with an idea to improve the game?

Its neither helpful, funny nor is it needed.

Please refrain from becoming a troll...
just FYI .. I wasn't Trolling .. some folks see EVE as having some genuine roots in meaningful PvP and rewards system.

IMHO before you jump to such a conclusion you might ask what part of the game I was illuding to. In which case I would have simply suggested that conqest of a given area (planets , resources, etc) and utilizing those resouces to improve the fleet etc ... is what some players are looking for.

IMHO that is not trolling. I don't expect everyone to agree. In fact I rather suspect that many will not. AND that is ok.

The point is however, very simple: DEFINE what folks think will be "meaninful" PvP. IMHO ... conquest of an open area of space "COULD" have some potential IF it were done correctly. I don't know that PvP should become that form exclusively ... BUT perhpas having an area where that were available might have some credibility.

just my 2 cents worth
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-03-2010, 07:41 PM
OP - save yoru time and money STO is a **** poor game with **** poor implamentation of content (not even good content at that)
the game went from over 1 million subs to 100k in 3 months I would bet they are well under 100k currently
get off the titanic now before the lifeboats are all filled up and your looking out going WTF did I waste my time for?
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumarev
OP - save yoru time and money STO is a **** poor game with **** poor implamentation of content (not even good content at that)
the game went from over 1 million subs to 100k in 3 months I would bet they are well under 100k currently
get off the titanic now before the lifeboats are all filled up and your looking out going WTF did I waste my time for?
Stop Having Fun People

Anyway, back to the point at hand.

Open PvP won't work, the population imbalance is massive and most likely always will be. People generally don't go into star trek to play klingons. It's all about kirk and Picard for the vast majority.

For the same reason, closed instanced pvp has very large issues. The pop imbalance once more kinda screwing over one side though in this case it's the one with the greater numbers.

Best idea i can really think of is something using Star trek's usual dimensional wierdness and making a pvp area which is utterly open. Has conquerable, something and everyone can shoot everyone else. With the exception of people that are in your own fleet.