Lt. Commander
# 1 be able to beam down to earth
07-28-2010, 07:22 PM
should be able to beam down to earth like to San Francisco & go to starfleet hq or paris france i mean you can go to other planets & beam down yet not earth which they showed way before game was out yet dont have should be somewhat a simple idea what you guys think
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2010, 07:24 PM
that would be great, if anything that could be where player housing is based and the main FDC is based and sends out its main missions. be good for some POI's too like where the whales got dropped off, the shipyards from the new film.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-29-2010, 03:25 AM
I want to beam down to my house and scare the inverse harmonic pulse out of my great-great-great-great-great-great-grandkids. Like literally the house in Michigan that I live in right now, see if it's still in the family or if my stupid fish ever died.

Can we get some google maps plugged in here?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-29-2010, 05:15 AM
I would actually prefer a different type of home.. one with a little more player effort involved.

For example.. if you have Admiralty level in Diplomatic Relations, why not be able to obtain your own desolate planet that requires you to terraform it first (with 3 stages of terraforming), then add your own type of vegetation/crystals/etc., and then populate your planet with your own pets. From there, you can establish your own home or your fleet home (if you happen to be a fleet leader). And, the more customizations with the terraforming and development of your planet the better.

Some may say that it's not very 'Star Trek' like, but I would argue that even in Star Trek Next Generation, Picard was very interested in the science of terraforming a planet to support new life.

As for the function of these homes, I am really not sure; except that if there's more customization options, and more effort is put into them, the result SHOULD be that these homes may become something of a pet project to work on if there's nobody on to do missions with, or simply for pure enjoyment of creating your own home planet. As well, it would make a nice means through which you could spend all of your hard-earned energy credits for decorations, plants, furnature etc... not to mention the energy credits needed to actually allow the terraforming project to begin.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-29-2010, 07:23 AM
Good ideas -

SAILORS ON LEAVE
dont forget about the drunken minigame where you have to stumble back the SFHQ not get caught or killed by traffic. Beaming would be a waste of resouses so walking is only available.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-29-2010, 09:02 AM
I'd LOVE to see an open area urban environment in STO.

something with more substance that a few settler camps or outposts that we see now in instances.