Lt. Commander
# 1 CP spawn points
07-28-2010, 07:41 PM
This IS a bug, right? Where everybody respawns at the original spawn point in Cracked Planetoid when they die, and not a random one like before?

There's some serious spawn point camping coming out of the FvK matches now. It's efficient, but probably not very pleasant.

#931,576 on the extremely unlikely chance this hasn't been reported already.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2010, 09:49 PM
This is happening in ground PvP, too. Confirmed on both assimilated cruiser and ghost ship. Not sure about deserted but from the sound of it, very likely.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-28-2010, 09:51 PM
I log on at 1 AM just to say this Its way better spawning at start point, if u all are that bad that you all die so much, it should be a instant regroup and power lvl seem to be alittle bit boosted in efficany.

Its way better than dump a** 1 running into a group then 2 then 3 like pigs in a row going to get sluaghter really alteat it gives those who realy try to pvp a chance with the noob. just dumb gamers.

2nd I think its only after first death because Ive see and been spawn at other locations in 2.0 but first death or maybe it a timer now, but I Iike it, it gives a group a fighting chance.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronScarlet
it gives a group a fighting chance.
Actually, it does just the opposite in PUGs, it just lets the winning team park on top of the spawn point for the team that's losing, and farm them as soon as they pop in.

I know I definitely set up camp behind the warp-in on my Klingon and just scatter volleyed everybody in the back as they respawned.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-29-2010, 06:52 AM
On one hand, it is nice to finally spawn with your team mates instead of spending time looking for them. On the other hand, the spawn camping is annoying. Perhaps add code that detects this and have Q show up and kill the team doing the camping? :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-29-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
This IS a bug, right? Where everybody respawns at the original spawn point in Cracked Planetoid when they die, and not a random one like before?

There's some serious spawn point camping coming out of the FvK matches now. It's efficient, but probably not very pleasant.

#931,576 on the extremely unlikely chance this hasn't been reported already.
This is insane. Sorry but there was simply no excuse releasing Season 2 with this many *serious* bugs. Anything that practically forces PvP'er to engage in spawn camping is completely unacceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-29-2010, 12:11 PM
If spawn points were protected it'd be a non-issue. Actually I take that back it'd be a griefers paradise.

Bah I hate lose, lose