Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 A Small but interesting Idea
07-27-2010, 10:32 AM
While testing the Ship interiors out on tribble i noticed that the captains quarters had plant pots along the window and after exploring my ship and play around with the trophies/ships i had this idea

instead of just putting some generic plants in there why not put miniature version of the plants we've scanned on the exploration missions? and we can switch them in and out like we can the trophies/ships

the artwork on the walls would nice as shelves to put trophies/ships/artwork (we decide) and maybe somewhere like the crew lounge would benefit more from the paintings (or at the very least give us the option of what we want on the walls)

just a small and quirky idea i had

Neo
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWolf06 View Post
While testing the Ship interiors out on tribble i noticed that the captains quarters had plant pots along the window and after exploring my ship and play around with the trophies/ships i had this idea

instead of just putting some generic plants in there why not put miniature version of the plants we've scanned on the exploration missions? and we can switch them in and out like we can the trophies/ships

the artwork on the walls would nice as shelves to put trophies/ships/artwork (we decide) and maybe somewhere like the crew lounge would benefit more from the paintings (or at the very least give us the option of what we want on the walls)

just a small and quirky idea i had

Neo
There is nothing wrong with that. You are describing a more sandbox customizable game and you should be demanding it and not asking
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSurpeme
There is nothing wrong with that. You are describing a more sandbox customizable game and you should be demanding it and not asking
well it wouldn't affect the gameplay dynmaics very much... just give my quaters a more personal feel
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-27-2010, 01:09 PM
and making this personal is part of this game
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-27-2010, 01:51 PM
I am so totally signed on with your idea!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post
I am so totally signed on with your idea!
thanks you
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Heck, why not have various seeds available as drops or by exploration, letting folk grow their own plants? Each plant can have different effects, and could be cross-bred with others to make rarer plants. Rarer plants could be used as advanced food or synthesised into medicine. Kinda like the tribble mechanic we have already, but appealing to the gardeners out there.

Kes grew stuff, so it's canon!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-29-2010, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Heck, why not have various seeds available as drops or by exploration, letting folk grow their own plants? Each plant can have different effects, and could be cross-bred with others to make rarer plants. Rarer plants could be used as advanced food or synthesised into medicine. Kinda like the tribble mechanic we have already, but appealing to the gardeners out there.

Kes grew stuff, so it's canon!
u know thats a really good idea
it could be a consumable like hyposprays that gives u a status buff or debuff for 5 minutes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-29-2010, 05:28 AM
I really like the idea.. and would expand on it too!

I'd like to see the chance to include screenshots as wall art. I've had some pretty cool shots of my crew and ships before and it would be nice to be able to have the game be able to apply a "paint like" filter to it and load it as a picture on my quarter's walls..

growing plants for buffs i like too, but I think we should have a choice for a hydroponics bay for that.. maybe an optional room or two you can configure into something like that, with different catagories for sci, eng and tac? like an armoury as seen in ENT where tactical items can be upgraded (kits for example, being able to customise kits would be awesome) and so on.

maybe the captains could grow small plants.. both tuvok and neelix grew orchids and bred them? they could be tradeable and have several dozen breeds etc..

I love the idea of sandbox customisation, I'm also very aware that it'll all (as in every single possible variable, every combination, all the graphics, the interfaces etc...) need coding in before it can happen... so i'm more willing to ask, hint and wait than demand
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-29-2010, 09:05 AM
i agree with u Shi.

no point in demanding something. we can request it and if this idea gets enough support that might consider putting it in

i'll draw up a more detailed idea for what it could be
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:06 AM.