Lt. Commander
# 1 Ancestral Sin walkthrough
07-29-2010, 05:39 AM
It took me four tries before I got this mission right (my first chance to earn diplomatic XP) so I'm putting this up in hopes it'll help others save time and keep us from wasting time running around.

There are four main players in this mission:
Ambassador T'Sawa, on the stairs.
Jabok, her assistant who is next to her.

Ambassador Jirok, by the fountain.
Lieutenant Hemek who's standing next to Jirok.

PART 1
After you accept the mission from T'Sawa, go down to meet Jirok.

After you get notice that his life's been threatened, go back up to speak with T'Sawa. She will ask you to go around and question the historians.

PART 2
You must find the four historians who will discredit the death threat.

The historian for page 1 is by the fountain, the guy farthest to the south. The historian for page 2 is on the platform to the left when you face upwards towards the stairs. The historian for page 3 is on the stairs near T'Sawa. The historian for page 4 is by the cliff up on the temple to the east.

PART 3
Return to Jirok and present the evidence. If you have any other pages besides page 2 that say "This is actually the one and only page that has correct information" while talking to him, hit On Second Thought for a do-over. You are missing something.

PART 4
When Hemek protests "They're lying!" then Jirok accepted your proof. But if Jirok and Hemek beam out, then you've failed the mission. Drop it and try again.

Now your ship will contact you with writing samples and a tip. Find the third option in the window that says "Compare these communications with others from Jobok" and two more options should appear.

PART 5
Go up to confront Jobok. Under "Explain Yourself" there should be more than two options of "I don't need proof" and "On Second Thought". If not, contact your ship again and look for the "Did Jobok write the notes" option. After that, talk to Jobok again. Look for "This is your chance to do the right thing."

Now go down to confront Hemek, and select "Jobok has revealed the truth."

Finally go up for the last time to report your findings to T'Sawa. You will receive among other rewards, 10 Diplomacy XP. (Check your Diplomacy points in the Progress area of your character's Status window.)

And I think most people who do this will be running around a lot, back and forth! I hope this guide proved helpful. If anyone has info to add, please reply and I can edit this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Of note on the forth historian, when they say up on the cliff, they mean go down to the bottom near the fountain, there is a path you need to follow that takes you up to a cliff
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
Of note on the forth historian, when they say up on the cliff, they mean go down to the bottom near the fountain, there is a path you need to follow that takes you up to a cliff
A note to everyone. I put up a map with my guide on my site. The map should make where you are supposed to go a little clearer just in case you cannot follow Blitzy's nice directions lol. Ancestral Sin guide
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Nice site, atilio. Especially the Accolade List. Can you indicate which general (not rank) accolades that grant us new powers? Hope to see more guides later... Ancestral Sin was really complicated for a mission which I felt needed a walkthrough.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-29-2010, 02:13 PM
WOW!
Thanks for the guide, KC! Excellent work to both you and Attilio (for the map on his most excellent fan site!).
I tried this mission once and got very confused about where to go...yeah, I know, I'm a few monkeys short of a barrel...but I attribute that to too much drug use during the '70's and '80's...which I'm taking medication for...oh, wait...snap!
...but I digress.
Thanks for the tip!
What a great STO community we have here, Huh?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_K.C. View Post
Nice site, atilio. Especially the Accolade List. Can you indicate which general (not rank) accolades that grant us new powers? Hope to see more guides later... Ancestral Sin was really complicated for a mission which I felt needed a walkthrough.
Glad you like it. I actually have been looking into doing that, but it is a lot of work to figure out which gives what power. I'm the only one working on the site so I try to get as much information out as quickly as possible then add to it later. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll keep it in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratus6 View Post
WOW!
Thanks for the guide, KC! Excellent work to both you and Attilio (for the map on his most excellent fan site!).
I tried this mission once and got very confused about where to go...yeah, I know, I'm a few monkeys short of a barrel...but I attribute that to too much drug use during the '70's and '80's...which I'm taking medication for...oh, wait...snap!
...but I digress.
Thanks for the tip!
What a great STO community we have here, Huh?
Thanks, glad you like the site. Hope you can finish the mission now with ease.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-30-2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_K.C. View Post
It took me four tries before I got this mission right (my first chance to earn diplomatic XP) so I'm putting this up in hopes it'll help others save time and keep us from wasting time running around.

There are four main players in this mission:
Ambassador T'Sawa, on the stairs.
Jabok, her assistant who is next to her.

Ambassador Jirok, by the fountain.
Lieutenant Hemek who's standing next to Jirok.

PART 1
After you accept the mission from T'Sawa, go down to meet Jirok.

After you get notice that his life's been threatened, go back up to speak with T'Sawa. She will ask you to go around and question the historians.

PART 2
You must find the four historians who will discredit the death threat.

The historian for page 1 is by the fountain, the guy farthest to the south. The historian for page 2 is on the platform to the left when you face upwards towards the stairs. The historian for page 3 is on the stairs near T'Sawa. The historian for page 4 is by the cliff up on the temple to the east.

PART 3
Return to Jirok and present the evidence. If you have any other pages besides page 2 that say "This is actually the one and only page that has correct information" while talking to him, hit On Second Thought for a do-over. You are missing something.

PART 4
When Hemek protests "They're lying!" then Jirok accepted your proof. But if Jirok and Hemek beam out, then you've failed the mission. Drop it and try again.

Now your ship will contact you with writing samples and a tip. Find the third option in the window that says "Compare these communications with others from Jobok" and two more options should appear.

PART 5
Go up to confront Jobok. Under "Explain Yourself" there should be more than two options of "I don't need proof" and "On Second Thought". If not, contact your ship again and look for the "Did Jobok write the notes" option. After that, talk to Jobok again. Look for "This is your chance to do the right thing."

Now go down to confront Hemek, and select "Jobok has revealed the truth."

Finally go up for the last time to report your findings to T'Sawa. You will receive among other rewards, 10 Diplomacy XP. (Check your Diplomacy points in the Progress area of your character's Status window.)

And I think most people who do this will be running around a lot, back and forth! I hope this guide proved helpful. If anyone has info to add, please reply and I can edit this.
I successfully completed all of these missions on Vulcan, Bajor, Memory Alpha, etc first time without failing any. I just made sure I read every dialogue option, found every piece of info (e.g. looked for all monks) and didn't click on every choice (I didn't dare click on ones that sounded bad like "I don't need proof!" - of COURSE you need proof lol!).
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-04-2010, 11:55 AM
This is a nice guide. In the last part, "Did Jobok write the notes", I needed this guide because that prompt wasn't showing up when it was supposed to. What helped was going back to cycle though "Ops" over and over until it showed, I hit every prompt and for some reason, it was delayed.

Really flakey event triggers, but nice guide.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-05-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
A note to everyone. I put up a map with my guide on my site. The map should make where you are supposed to go a little clearer just in case you cannot follow Blitzy's nice directions lol. Ancestral Sin guide
Sorry I had allot of trouble finding the fourth historian, and all everyone said was he's at the top of the hill, and dumb old me thought the steps, which are a hill. *cries
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
Sorry I had allot of trouble finding the fourth historian, and all everyone said was he's at the top of the hill, and dumb old me thought the steps, which are a hill. *cries
Yeah I know, I had trouble finding the fourth one too, that's why I ended up putting a map together.
Closed Thread