Lt. Commander
# 11
04-17-2011, 10:42 PM
I think Frogman77 have a point. Both fractions (FED & Klingon) have to do objectives. The first fraction who have completed the objectives wins the round.

But if the Klingons only want to kill Feds and not doing objectives, what is the point of Klingons being in that map? Only want to talk about how much tougher they are when they have killed a Fed while he was doing objectives? Go play Arena or Cap&Hold, then everybody's mind is on about killing each other imo
Lt. Commander
# 12 hint hint
04-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogman77
Ker'rat System game play needs klingon's out of it totatally. You go in there and all the sudden you have 4 klingon ships decloak and start shooting at you. Wouldn't be so bad, but they seem to be the best equiped to run away, cloak, and then come back later while talking about how much tougher they are.

If we want fed and klingon PVP that's where we'll do it, but seriously, if I can't go in there and take out some borg cubes and spheres without worrying about shoot and retreat klingon ships then why even have a mission coupled with the area?

Please let us either work in coop against a common foe or have it totally seperate.
WARZONE(openpvp)
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Fixing Ker'rat, Subparagraph Theta-4: Add a "Kill 15 enemy ships in a War Zone" Daily mission. Now everyone knows what to expect, and everyone will start to actively hunt for targets.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Even if this is a sumbie thread, people seem to discuss it ever since, because there has been no real fix of the issue itself.

What my problem with this map is: Well, the Klinguns don't really go for their mission goal, they just sit around and randumly shoot Federation players, while the Federation actually goes for their mission - scan 8 nodes, destroy 4 hubs. Simple as that. I don't even know what the Klinguns have to do, I have never played on the "evil side", so I don't know what their mission in this Ker'rat area actually is, butt I'm quite sure they have a mission to cumplete, and it's NOT to engage the Federation, it's gutta do sumfin with the Borg stuff.

Besides, why does Ker'rat have Level 55 critters? Otha (ground war zone) has got only Level 45 mubs. If that was also the case in Ker'rat, the whole damn goldfarming would stop! There would be no more MK XII stuff until a proper level expansion is out in Season 5! We aren't supposed to get ANY mark 12 gear for now! That would also raise the value of MK XI items, specially the purrple ones you can get via emblems. The crafted ones have useless modifiers, so they're only about 1/3 to 1/4 of the exchange price.

~ Meow
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-18-2011, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
Even if this is a sumbie thread, people seem to discuss it ever since, because there has been no real fix of the issue itself.

What my problem with this map is: Well, the Klinguns don't really go for their mission goal, they just sit around and randumly shoot Federation players, while the Federation actually goes for their mission - scan 8 nodes, destroy 4 hubs. Simple as that. I don't even know what the Klinguns have to do, I have never played on the "evil side", so I don't know what their mission in this Ker'rat area actually is, butt I'm quite sure they have a mission to cumplete, and it's NOT to engage the Federation, it's gutta do sumfin with the Borg stuff.

Besides, why does Ker'rat have Level 55 critters? Otha (ground war zone) has got only Level 45 mubs. If that was also the case in Ker'rat, the whole damn goldfarming would stop! There would be no more MK XII stuff until a proper level expansion is out in Season 5! We aren't supposed to get ANY mark 12 gear for now! That would also raise the value of MK XI items, specially the purrple ones you can get via emblems. The crafted ones have useless modifiers, so they're only about 1/3 to 1/4 of the exchange price.

~ Meow
The KDF version of the PvE Mission is identical to the Federation one... It is a race to see which side can complete that objective first... In theory... However, most Klingon players (myself included) prefer to visit the zone for the Open PvP that it provides, particularly when stuck in the interminable wait for FvK queues to pop, as it provides an excellent place to warm-up and keep sharp for the next match.

Would I prefer to see an 'actual' Open PvP zone, with PvP-specific objectives? Of course! Do we currently have such a zone available? Sadly, no... Thus, Ker'rat is still one of my favorite places in the entire game. I think that there should be some more explicit warnings given to anyone that enters the zone, indicating its nature as a fully Open PvP zone, but I think that anyone that chooses to be in Ker'rat is tacitly accepting the risks that are associated with the zone (ambushing, spawncamping/"deployment suppression", etc.)...

Engaging the other team is a perfectly valid (and necessary) tactic, in support of completion of the PvE mission, since it IS a race to see which side can complete the objective first... Often, when the numerical odds are comparable, there will be one or two players from both sides that are attempting to complete the PvE mission, while the rest of the participants in the instance (typically at one team or the other's spawn-point) will engage in a vicious furball.

Now, if only we can get the map to fully reset after each PvE completion and reset... And do away with the initial spawn-in at the same point nonsense... Ker'rat would become even more fun!

-Big Red

Oh, and more Mk XII drops, please!
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-18-2011, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
Engaging the other team is a perfectly valid (and necessary) tactic, in support of completion of the PvE mission, since it IS a race to see which side can complete the objective first...
Very true, but then you need a Klingon that will do the objectives to make it a valid tactic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
Often, when the numerical odds are comparable, there will be one or two players from both sides that are attempting to complete the PvE mission, while the rest of the participants in the instance (typically at one team or the other's spawn-point) will engage in a vicious furball.
LOL, really? From all the times I have been in Kerrat, I have never saw a Klingon win a round... Well, only when I was playing as my Klingon
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-18-2011, 03:16 AM
BigRed is correct,but he forgot to mention that most of the time the numerical odds are in favor of the Feds. There is no point in going for the mission objective when you are outnumbered 8 to 1.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-18-2011, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinnio View Post
Very true, but then you need a Klingon that will do the objectives to make it a valid tactic...

LOL, really? From all the times I have been in Kerrat, I have never saw a Klingon win a round... Well, only when I was playing as my Klingon
You've never been in there when we've been in there, especially if we bring a group.

The chance at VERY good Mk X, Mk XI, and MK XII blues is worth the effort (Just picked up a [Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannon Mk XII [Acc][CrtH]] today... One of the best drops I've ever seen in there...)

(The guy to really watch for, that is an 'actual' player and not one of the side-switching goldfarming 'foreign nationals', is Pang... He can be the only Klingon in there with a group of Feds, and still beat them at the PvE Mission.)

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-18-2011, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
BigRed is correct,but he forgot to mention that most of the time the numerical odds are in favor of the Feds. There is no point in going for the mission objective when you are outnumbered 8 to 1.
I don't think of it as the odds favoring the Feds... I think of it as a Target-Rich Environment!
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-18-2011, 04:28 AM
Well, my best drups while doing the War Zone Daily mission were the following:

[Tetryon Dual Cannons MK XII [CrtH]x2]
[Dual Tetryon Beam Bank MK XII [CrtH] [Dmg]]

[Console - Engineering - Plasma Distribution Manifold MK XII]
[Phaser Beam Array MK XII [CrtH]]
Closed Thread