Lt. Commander
# 21
04-18-2011, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
I don't think of it as the odds favoring the Feds... I think of it as a Target-Rich Environment!
I like your style!
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-18-2011, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
I don't think of it as the odds favoring the Feds... I think of it as a Target-Rich Environment!
That's what I call making lemonade.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
Besides, why does Ker'rat have Level 55 critters? Otha (ground war zone) has got only Level 45 mubs. If that was also the case in Ker'rat, the whole damn goldfarming would stop! There would be no more MK XII stuff until a proper level expansion is out in Season 5! We aren't supposed to get ANY mark 12 gear for now! That would also raise the value of MK XI items, specially the purrple ones you can get via emblems. The crafted ones have useless modifiers, so they're only about 1/3 to 1/4 of the exchange price.

~ Meow
What's wrong with farming for Mark 12? If you don't like the price they go for on the exchange, you don't have to buy it. I try selling items about 1,000 credits higher than what I would get by selling it at an NPC vendor. The high end green items rarely sell, so I end up just tossing them when the exchange lot expires. Either way, I am making some "money". In fact, I have som much money on my Fed character that in STFs, I click pass when the loot mode is Need or Greed. I only click need on the purple quality boss drops.

As to why I farm at Kerrat? The enemies are 4 levels higher giving better chances for high end drops. I wish there was a kill area with stronger enenies for ground where I could farm for high end ground items. Again, I think having a parley mode would make farming for items much more profitable for all parties. Having Feds as Klinks team up in Kerrat to maul the borg could benifit both sides. Improving the drop rate when boths sides are attacking a cube would possibly help encourage the players to complete the objective rather than fight each other.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-18-2011, 08:57 PM
There are many Foundry maps made for the sole purpose of farming items (not that I agree w/this, but they are out there). This is the only open space PvP map in the game. The two factions are at war meaning they are war targets for each other. In other threads I and others have posted ways of getting the emblems including just waiting for someone to finish the run. The vast majority of the game is PvE, if you don't like Open PvP do something else.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
There are many Foundry maps made for the sole purpose of farming items (not that I agree w/this, but they are out there). This is the only open space PvP map in the game. The two factions are at war meaning they are war targets for each other. In other threads I and others have posted ways of getting the emblems including just waiting for someone to finish the run. The vast majority of the game is PvE, if you don't like Open PvP do something else.
Well, to be "fair" - Ker'rat is the best farming place, as the Borg are 4 levels above endgame level. This gives better loot drops in Ker'rat than anywhere else. I doubt you can even get uncommon or rare Mark XII gears with equal level enemies as provided by the Foundry missions.

What is a real shame is that Otha does not have higher level Borg. Considering how empty it usually is, it would be very easy to get a lot of good loot drops. But the Borg there are too low in level to give you them.

Of course, if the drops where better, more stuff might happen there. But that would also be a good thing. More people doing Ground PvP would be good.
Lt. Commander
# 26 Yep
04-19-2011, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwulf82 View Post
Holy necro thread....
Kinda funny how some things have not changed...
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-19-2011, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krell83
Kinda funny how some things have not changed...
If by funny you mean not funny at all and very sad, yes, absolutely.
Lt. Commander
# 28 Cryptic
04-19-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Fixing Ker'rat, Subparagraph Theta-4: Add a "Kill 15 enemy ships in a War Zone" Daily mission. Now everyone knows what to expect, and everyone will start to actively hunt for targets.
CRYPTIC hire this gun ^ This it the kind of ideas me want^ ! NO JOKE!
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Burying in the back yard. Please start a new thread.
Closed Thread