Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
Does anyone think that the ships listed in the C-Store are ridiculously expensive?? Especialy that this game was once $60 and now its $20... Gal-X $25, Retro Fits: $15.... so on and so forth. So the whole game now is $20 and the ships are from $10 - $25... doesn't make any sense. Does anyone agree? O and we're not even talking about the 1 year or lifetime subs...

Just in case I want to point out that the money per say is irrelevant its just about the game price vs the prices of additional content... that bugs me...
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLuDaxx
Does anyone think that the ships listed in the C-Store are ridiculously expensive?? Especialy that this game was once $60 and now its $20... Gal-X $25, Retro Fits: $15.... so on and so forth. So the whole game now is $20 and the ships are from $10 - $25... doesn't make any sense. Does anyone agree? O and we're not even talking about the 1 year or lifetime subs...

Just in case I want to point out that the money per say is irrelevant its just about the game price vs the prices of additional content... that bugs me...
You can get those ships FOR FREE at VA 1.

You can also get them FOR FREE with 500 emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
You can get those ships FOR FREE at VA 1.

O yea I know.... still it is a major **** for people who would buy them... since you brought up the emblems... which emblems do they refer to trade for the retro fit?

Thanx
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I would hardly call 500 Emblems Free. I can think of much more enjoyable uses of my time as opposed to grinding the same bland, repeatable content over and over gain.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
O yea I know.... still it is a major **** for people who would buy them... since you brought up the emblems... which emblems do they refer to trade for the retro fit?

Thanx
Its the New Vice Admiral Currency.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Its the New Vice Admiral Currency.
O I see... so when I reach the rank, missions after reward us with those emblems??
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
I would hardly call 500 Emblems Free. I can think of much more enjoyable uses of my time as opposed to grinding the same bland, repeatable content over and over gain.
soooo you want it to be more free than free? I get the feeling some people would only be happy if they logged in to find these ships instantly ported into their ship list.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
still it is a major **** for people who would buy them...
It would be consensual because they are making the choice to buy them. Cryptic is not forcing them to buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
It would be consensual because they are making the choice to buy them. Cryptic is not forcing them to buy it.
Yea of course... but they are capitalizing on the opportunity that for example i get the gal refit with the token and then i would want the intrepid too... then what? do the same missions over and over again for 500 emblems? Ouch
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:

Thanx
You can earn emblems at VA1.

You cannot use any of the refits until you reach Vice Admiral 1 - and you can get one for free then.

Once you reach that rank, there are no less than 4 ways of earning emblems:
  • Exploration
  • STFs
  • Fleet actions
  • PvP

Essentially, it's paying for an unlock to lateral options (you're guaranteed to have free access to at least one of the ships as soon as you reach Vice Admiral 1).

So, if you play a lot, you can get all three ships for free.

The reason this was done is that Cryptic couldn't justify the creative costs of the refits (new approval, licensing, dev time, testing time, etc.), unless:
a) they were in the c-store
or
b) you could earn them over time.