Lt. Commander
Hello, everyone... This is the last day I'm going to be able to post, as my subscription is expiring. Going to be tied up in efforts to open a computer parts store over the next couple of months, and I don't want to pay for something I won't have time to use... It's a temporary thing as I like the direction the game is going and fully intend to be back once things settle down...

Anyway... I thought I would leave off by opening a discussion about what the "secret project" is that is mentioned in the engineering reports.

I'm not going to speculate on it, but I'd like to ask you all what you think it might be...

So, let's hear your speculations.

Take care...
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-31-2010, 07:24 AM
Personally I hope it's the tech for the assignment of first officers, chief engineers etc.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-31-2010, 07:35 AM
V-Ger maybe...
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-31-2010, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Personally I hope it's the tech for the assignment of first officers, chief engineers etc.
I'm looking forward to that as well, but we already knew that was being worked on before the "secret project" was included in the list of future material.

It won't be the UGC system as they've already said it is something they're working on.

It won't be weekly episodic missions, as again we've been reading about that for a while...

I've decided that I will speculate...

Dan has said that he wants to re-evaluate how Memory Alpha works so that crafting plays a more robust role... Well... I'm going to speculate that the secret project will be a neutral subfaction within both the Federation and Klingon empire that will be used to make those orbital mining platforms and interstellar trade promises that Jack made when STO was announced into a reality. This would add very much needed repeatable content that could segue into the end-game content promised for Season 3.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-31-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticFringer View Post
V-Ger maybe...
God no! I have no idea what Foster was thinking of when he wrote that unless it was a director that screwed that up. Star Trek the Motion Picture was a train wreck without the entertainment potential.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-31-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm going to speculate, perhaps hopefully, that it has something to do with allowing ship interior travel between systems.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-31-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulDreamer View Post
I'm going to speculate, perhaps hopefully, that it has something to do with allowing ship interior travel between systems.
That would be good as well...
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-31-2010, 08:37 AM
Hopefully its a complete redo of ground.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-31-2010, 09:16 AM
my top contenders would be UGC or territory pvp endgame

there are a million other things but i would hope its something really big
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-31-2010, 09:54 AM
Something to do on Earth.