Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Federation shoot first?
07-15-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm running missions in the T'Org (or something like that) area. I get one of these missions where you have to destroy a bunch of ships from another race. In this case it was the Federation. There was dialog with the Fed Caprain who was not threatening in anyway and was trying to make nice. However he fired first.
Now from a Klingon point of view I suppose you would say they were just being sneaky and luring you in before they opened fire. But in more true to Star trek it doesn't seem right that a Federation ship would be firing first in most cases. .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-15-2010, 10:47 AM
It could be related to the fact that the Federation and Klingons are in open war, maybe.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave111
It could be related to the fact that the Federation and Klingons are in open war, maybe.
Maybe, just maybe.

But as a player I would like the chance for a diplomatic solution instead of being a baby-killing fanatic wh......



sorry fell into a "the Federation doesn't massacre" rant.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-15-2010, 12:29 PM
lawl yeah i had some klingon missions where the fed just attacked me but said nice things idk if maybe the dialog doesnt fit or something haha still blew them to bits but couldnt stop laughing
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Considering that this is still a game, your NPC opponents are still controlled by an artificial intelligence. To the AI your ship is just an enemy target and the AI is programed to attack and destroy its enemies.

In order to make it so that the AI didn't shoot first, a new code would need to be written so that you're able to shoot non-hostile ships, thereby converting them to hostile; and if you do that it opens up a whole new can of worms because it would apply to pretty much all NPCs and you could find yourself in Qo'noS (or Sol) accidentally shooting one of the patrolling dreadnoughts and becoming a permanent enemy to those patrol ships.

There are other unfortunate things that could happen but the bottom line is that it's something that is best left alone.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvenik View Post
lawl yeah i had some klingon missions where the fed just attacked me but said nice things idk if maybe the dialog doesnt fit or something haha still blew them to bits but couldnt stop laughing
And this is different from the Feds in the war zones how? ... Feds will be Feds will be Feds ... whether computer generated or players running spawn hunts.

Sorry ... could not resist.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7 Um...
07-30-2010, 05:56 PM
..you guys do realize that the Klingons and Federation are at war, right? An actual 'shooting-war'. Everyone shoots first in a war, even the Federation. They do need to fix that goofy dialog. Something closer to "...Hello. I'm Captain Kirk's grandson... prepare to die." (don't tell me that Kirk didn't have like 100 kids that he never met..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-30-2010, 09:29 PM
If the federation says nice stuff, and wants a peaceful outcome, the solution is to force the klingon acknowledge button to say "Die Federation scumball, we will bathe in your blood and tell tales of your screams for mercy!" or something equally diplomatic

That way the feds npc get to shoot first and everyone's happy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
In order to make it so that the AI didn't shoot first, a new code would need to be written so that you're able to shoot non-hostile ships, thereby converting them to hostile; and if you do that it opens up a whole new can of worms because it would apply to pretty much all NPCs and you could find yourself in Qo'noS (or Sol) accidentally shooting one of the patrolling dreadnoughts and becoming a permanent enemy to those patrol ships.
There's already code in for making enemies neutral. Neutral enemies do not fire unless fired upon.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:12 AM.