Lt. Commander
I was talking to some friends yesterday as we gathered on our new bridge and messed around with the interiors. We would like to see the following additions to the game. All of these suggestions are soley for Social interaction purposes.

First. I would like to be able to select a chair on my bridge and decide if I want it to be
a) Occupied by a default crewman of the devision of my choice
b) One of my Bridge Officers
c) Empty

This would allow me to arrange my bridge stations as I see fit and also allow us to free up stations should we want to put together a Roleplayed story on the bridge with others.

Second I would like to see RP tools as something the owner of the bridge can access. Possible tools would include

a) Red, Yellow, Blue Alert
b) Change the view screens image
c) Shake the ship with settings of low medium and High. High have the chance of knocking crew (PC and NPC) out of their chairs or fall over if they were standing.
d) Select a console to explode. Then an option to repair it.
e) Enter text to be spoken by the computer, either to the entire ship or specific to a room. Bonus points if you can actualy have this VOed somehow. Maybe let us select from some premade VO's to either sound by itself or in conjunction with eext we enter.
f) Selectable Sound effects by room or entire ship.
g) Selectable backdrops to be seen outside of our Ready room, quarters, and Lounge.

One final unrelated note. Can we have Ships docked at the pylons and flying around DS9 like we do at Earth?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-29-2010, 07:06 AM
Interesting ideas, affecting the interior environments with personal interactions. Only the ship's owner could operate the ship.

Great addition the interiors.

IDEAS:
SICKBAY
1) With Sickbay, being available, we should be able to heal ourselves on our own ship, rather then return to a friendly starbase and the same should be true for the ship repairs with the same cost for those using high difficulty settings.

UNIFORMS
2) I 'm not a military guy but does not the base commander set the uniform type for whole base? I believe the wandering crewmembers should be wearing the same type of uniform as the captain. Glad to find the crew was not wandering into the captain's quarters, although there were women pausing at the door

BRIDGE
3) To expand on Inquizitor's idea - what about having the tacical view displayed on the main view screen during battle so that a captain could fight from his bridge or have a greatly simplified version of the tacical view? I understand the image could be small but the space battles are so repetitious and easy that this may add a new level of difficulty.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualtyUR View Post
UNIFORMS
2) I 'm not a military guy but does not the base commander set the uniform type for whole base? I believe the wandering crewmembers should be wearing the same type of uniform as the captain. Glad to find the crew was not wandering into the captain's quarters, although there were women pausing at the door
It depends.

usually, it's the battalion commander that sets the uniform of the day. There are multiple battalions on a base. However, special billets or particular platoons may wear different uniforms on a case by case basis.

By and far, 80% of personnel might have, say, desert camouflage with sleeves up but - it varies. Air Support personnel might be wearing khaki jumpsuits while a battalion having a training day might be in Service "C" and the base commander might even be in Dress Blues or Service depending on any functions he might need to attend that day.

Keep in mind, this is based on just one service on one base.

Mix in Air Force, Army, and Naval personnel and you'll get a myriad of uniforms.

I lived in Okinawa, Japan for most of my enlistment - so I saw several nations on base with different uniforms and several other branches of service in different uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-29-2010, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
By and far, 80% of personnel might have, say, desert camouflage with sleeves up but - it varies. Air Support personnel might be wearing khaki jumpsuits while a battalion having a training day might be in Service "C" and the base commander might even be in Dress Blues or Service depending on any functions he might need to attend that day.

I lived in Okinawa, Japan for most of my enlistment - so I saw several nations on base with different uniforms and several other branches of service in different uniforms.
All well and good, and thank you for your service. But what does it have to do with Star Trek?

In all the shows, movies, cartoons I can remember the crew wore one of 3 outfits (excluding formal attire.. and can we get kilts?) or off-duty clothing. And I can only think of a couple of times when off-duty wear was worn on the bridge and I'm pretty sure they changed to a uni as soon as possible. Am I wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualtyUR View Post
Interesting ideas, affecting the interior environments with personal interactions. Only the ship's owner could operate the ship.

Great addition the interiors.

IDEAS:
SICKBAY
1) With Sickbay, being available, we should be able to heal ourselves on our own ship, rather then return to a friendly starbase and the same should be true for the ship repairs with the same cost for those using high difficulty settings.

UNIFORMS

BRIDGE
3) To expand on Inquizitor's idea - what about having the tacical view displayed on the main view screen during battle so that a captain could fight from his bridge or have a greatly simplified version of the tacical view? I understand the image could be small but the space battles are so repetitious and easy that this may add a new level of difficulty.
While I would like those ideas I was trying to limit this to storytelling devices as opposed to game effects. Perhaps a couple of generic tactical screens for the viewscreen but being able to play the game on the viewscreen would require a significant overhaul.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
I was talking to some friends yesterday as we gathered on our new bridge and messed around with the interiors. We would like to see the following additions to the game. All of these suggestions are soley for Social interaction purposes.

First. I would like to be able to select a chair on my bridge and decide if I want it to be
a) Occupied by a default crewman of the devision of my choice
b) One of my Bridge Officers
c) Empty

This would allow me to arrange my bridge stations as I see fit and also allow us to free up stations should we want to put together a Roleplayed story on the bridge with others.

Second I would like to see RP tools as something the owner of the bridge can access. Possible tools would include

a) Red, Yellow, Blue Alert
b) Change the view screens image
c) Shake the ship with settings of low medium and High. High have the chance of knocking crew (PC and NPC) out of their chairs or fall over if they were standing.
d) Select a console to explode. Then an option to repair it.
e) Enter text to be spoken by the computer, either to the entire ship or specific to a room. Bonus points if you can actualy have this VOed somehow. Maybe let us select from some premade VO's to either sound by itself or in conjunction with eext we enter.
f) Selectable Sound effects by room or entire ship.
g) Selectable backdrops to be seen outside of our Ready room, quarters, and Lounge.

One final unrelated note. Can we have Ships docked at the pylons and flying around DS9 like we do at Earth?

^^^ This.

ALL of this...

Nothing less
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhar View Post
^^^ This.

ALL of this...

Nothing less

100% agree

will destroy many targ to see this happen

So please save the targs
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikus
All well and good, and thank you for your service. But what does it have to do with Star Trek?

In all the shows, movies, cartoons I can remember the crew wore one of 3 outfits (excluding formal attire.. and can we get kilts?) or off-duty clothing. And I can only think of a couple of times when off-duty wear was worn on the bridge and I'm pretty sure they changed to a uni as soon as possible. Am I wrong?
Well, he was asking about uniforms being set by base commanders.

In Star Trek, most of the crew wore similar uniforms - unless you were 7 of 9, Troi (in the shows), Wesley in the grey suit, etc.

So more like 90% in the same style uniform - with that crazy contingent making up the last 10%.

My ship is like that: almost all the crew in TNG show uniforms - except my the diplomatic enoy and MACO personnel I have.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-29-2010, 10:49 PM
There were other variations as well. The open jacket Crusher and Torrs wore. The Skant look etc. This is all getting off teh beaten path though

I suppose it is a RP tool though so we will go ahead and plug again for this addition

I'd also like to see more Room types available. Brig (Fed side), Holodeck, Cargo Bay, Shuttle bay, Astrometrics. A set containing jeffories tubes. An Armory or Torpedo bay. etc