Lt. Commander
A couple months ago I posted in an Engineering Report requesting a UI stat that displayed one's shield regeneration rate dynamically as figured by the shield's base rate and the ship's Power Levels at any given time. I later posted a thread about it (see here). A while later, I found that it had been added.

But last night I was checking on some things, and found the stat is gone! They took it out. It used to be here:
  • While in space on your ship, press U.
  • Click on your Captain, then Status.
  • Expand the new Passives accordian.
  • Scroll down to {Type} Shield Emitter (the type will vary depending on which shield type you have, for example Covariant).
  • Point at Shield Emitter, wait for the pop-up tooltip.

But it's gone. I looked around "everywhere else", but I couldn't find it. Why was it removed, I wonder? It was very useful! Admittedly, I didn't like where it was located, a little hidden, but hard to find is (was) better than not available at all.

Please Cryptic, put back a UI dynamic display of a Shield's Regeneration Rate (and while you're at it, put in a Shield Damage Resistance display too).

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Bump? Anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-25-2010, 07:44 PM
No, really, seriously? What happened to it?

Yesterday, I was teaching a friend of mine (new player, bought the game and everything, you're welcome! ) and I tried to show him this and it's still missing. Please bring it back. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-25-2010, 09:10 PM
I never knew it was there man
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-25-2010, 09:16 PM
this annoyed me too. there used to be a bunch of passives listed that showed a bunch of your ships stats that are just gone.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Well its nice to see it, but you can always calculate it yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-26-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
I never knew it was there man
Yeah, they added it after Season 1.2 when they added all the Accolades. I was especially happy that they did, because way back in like April or something I added the request for that UI update to an Engineering Reports and The dstahl, Himself, replied saying it was a good idea and he'd talk to the Developer. A couple of months later, there it was! So, it's kinda pesonal to me... Sort of "my" addition to STO. (Yeah, I know they probably just did it and/or others requested it too, but from my point of view, it was special for me. )

(See links in this thread, but more importantly, this thread for a "complete" History.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
this annoyed me too. there used to be a bunch of passives listed that showed a bunch of your ships stats that are just gone.
Right! So you know what I'm talking about! Yeah, all those cool passives for your ship and for your Captain. Basically, all the new things you could have from the Accolades, along with others like this Emitter stat. I was always hoping the next step would have been to add the Shield Resistance as a visible UI too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Well its nice to see it, but you can always calculate it yourself.
Yeah, well sort of. The numbers don't quite add up, at least when you start using the various shield consoles (the power and regen ones, I hadn't even got to try with the +35% Cap one). There was some kind of "bug" or at least a falacy in the formua - I was trying to narrow it down before reporting it. But now, I can't see what the game thinks the regen rate is supposed to be, cuz they took it out. My experiments are at an end.

Cryptic: Please bring back the Shield Regen UI stat (and while you're at it, add a dynamic Shield Damage Resistance UI stat too please).

P.S. Yes, you can wait until all the game breaking bugs are fixed (B'Tran, PvP, Anomalies, etc.... lol)
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-26-2010, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Yeah, well sort of. The numbers don't quite add up, at least when you start using the various shield consoles (the power and regen ones, I hadn't even got to try with the +35% Cap one). There was some kind of "bug" or at least a falacy in the formua - I was trying to narrow it down before reporting it. But now, I can't see what the game thinks the regen rate is supposed to be, cuz they took it out. My experiments are at an end.
Strange, because when the stat was visible, my excel spreadsheet worked flawless ?

base regeneration*((1+((shield power-50)*0,04))+shield regen console (in decimal value))

and if you know your dmg reduction, you can add that to your formula.

http://viewer.zoho.com/docs/hd3Rbe

Thats my spreadsheet at work, it may not be the final version and there may be errors present, but its better than nothing. You can change the bonus values to your needs. The one used are with the console, and EP-S III used for maximum shielding. You can see the effective regeneration to each facing at time 6s.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Yeah, the basic formula worked, but not when I added a console. But I could have been making a mistake, I hadn't finished my research/testing. And without the visible stat, I can not continue.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Bump - Please return the Shield Emitter Stat.

I'm not asking for new content, just the return of a feature you already had working in-game at one point.

Thank you.