Lt. Commander
# 21
11-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks Martin, Archancellor, and Alecto!

I first got Dstahl's attention back in April in an Engineer Report. So, I put this in my Ask Cryptic post last night. Hopefully lightning will strike twice. Heh.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Season 3 has been released and near as I can see, no return/add of these stats. I was a little disappointed. Hopefully it might show up in a later patch.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
BUMP.

This is a stat we need to be able to see. A good part of ship tuning is seeing the results of our tweaks.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwynyth View Post
BUMP.

This is a stat we need to be able to see. A good part of ship tuning is seeing the results of our tweaks.
Thanks. Yes, I agree, this these stats (Shield Regneration and Shield Damage Resistance) should be visible dynamically in the UI. Just like Hull Repair Rate and Hull Damage Resistance.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Thanks. Yes, I agree, this these stats (Shield Regneration and Shield Damage Resistance) should be visible dynamically in the UI. Just like Hull Repair Rate and Hull Damage Resistance.
Me too.. If getting them in requires bribery I know an excellent requisitions officer who could help motivate a reorganization of the priorities list
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Strange, because when the stat was visible, my excel spreadsheet worked flawless ?

base regeneration*((1+((shield power-50)*0,04))+shield regen console (in decimal value))

and if you know your dmg reduction, you can add that to your formula.

http://viewer.zoho.com/docs/hd3Rbe

Thats my spreadsheet at work, it may not be the final version and there may be errors present, but its better than nothing. You can change the bonus values to your needs. The one used are with the console, and EP-S III used for maximum shielding. You can see the effective regeneration to each facing at time 6s.
I tried your link and it said it has been removed since this thread started.

Quote:
I agree as well, such stats would be nice to have in the UI.

In fact I would love it if those whom have figured out the equations to determine different vessel functions and attributes would consolidate thier info into one thread for all tto have access without searching the entire forums.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-20-2011, 09:11 AM
i am probably wrong here....but ill drop a note anyway...

if i recall, the stats for what you are asking (corv. as an example) are already pointed out. (xxxx HP, with xx(x) regen rate at x(x)(x) seconds)

i think this is what they intended all along, and these stats change depending on how you spend skill points and your class.

i think to what you refer is leaning more towards how your abilities (such as emerg pwr to shields, rotate shield freq, etc...) are then calculated based on variances from innate BO abilities or earned bonuses from accolades as an example.

i could be wrong, but this is how i see it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-20-2011, 10:04 AM
This information should be right on the main screen where it shows shield strength.
In combat, I don't feel like pressing "U" and then clicking 3 more times to find what I want to know.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
Me too.. If getting them in requires bribery I know an excellent requisitions officer who could help motivate a reorganization of the priorities list
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSteel
This information should be right on the main screen where it shows shield strength.
In combat, I don't feel like pressing "U" and then clicking 3 more times to find what I want to know.
Thanks you two. Yeah, having these stats immediately visible would be ideal. Trueheart, if you've got an "in" please share with the class!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
...I agree as well, such stats would be nice to have in the UI.

In fact I would love it if those whom have figured out the equations to determine different vessel functions and attributes would consolidate thier info into one thread for all tto have access without searching the entire forums.
Great idea Roach! Now why don't you Bell the Cat and start that thread. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
i am probably wrong here....but ill drop a note anyway...

if i recall, the stats for what you are asking (corv. as an example) are already pointed out. (xxxx HP, with xx(x) regen rate at x(x)(x) seconds)

i think this is what they intended all along, and these stats change depending on how you spend skill points and your class.

i think to what you refer is leaning more towards how your abilities (such as emerg pwr to shields, rotate shield freq, etc...) are then calculated based on variances from innate BO abilities or earned bonuses from accolades as an example.

i could be wrong, but this is how i see it.
Sir James, you are right. On a shield's item description itself it gives the Cap and Regen. But those are not dynamic. And that's what I'm asking for. All like you say, I want a stat that shows what my current Shield Regeneration is based on my Ship Type, Shield Power, and whatever all else affects it. Same sort of dynamically viewable stat for my Shield Damage Resistance.

Yes, there are formulas out there for figuring them out. But are they accurate? We don't know. We can't see what exactly is happening under the hood. Also, I don't have the time/desire to recalculate the stats each time I need them (and that's what a computer is for).

It's not too much to ask. We have such displays for other things in the game. Weapons damage for example. If you look at the weapon description in your inventory it says it does X damage. But if you put that on your ship and look at the Power icon in your Toolbar you'll see the actual damage as determined by your Weapons Power, Skills, Consoles, etc. And it's dynamic, meaning if I add/subtract a console or adjust my power setting, I can see the changes immediately.

Press U and check out all the other stats on your ship:

Crew
Crew Recov Rate (%/min)
Stealth Range
Stealth Detection Rating
Power Transfer Rate

Bonus Def
Hull
Hull Repair Rate
Shield Capacities per Facing
Resistances

Bonus Accuracy
Crit Chance
Crit Severity

Inertia
Flight Speed
Turn Rate

All of these are dynamic UI stats. If you trigger a BO or Captain power, or change your consoles, impulse throttle, or power settings... Any of these changes and you can watch these stats update. We need a similar stat... Right there on the Defense Tab would be just fine, that shows our Shield's Regen and DR.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:

Great idea Roach! Now why don't you Bell the Cat and start that thread. :p
I believe I will, though my contibution will be mainly just teh notes I've gathered from others.
Sigh... now I wish I had orginized them by release date to avoid equations that have changed since release.