Lt. Commander
# 1 Tailor UnSwift
07-22-2011, 06:35 PM
So, I was visiting Qo'nos, checking in on my Pakled friend Kharndingo, hes doing much better now, almost 100%. I had just left his abode when I got a hail from Sa'Chang, the High Chancellor, he asked me to go and speak with him in the Great Hall.

He's sent me on an infiltration mission, deep within Federation space. My mission was to seek out the new Starfleet academy and see just what facilities it offered.

I had to pay a visit to the ship yard, after my recent episode in the B'rel, I decided to take the standard Hegh'ta. But this was not a mission of conquest, more a fact finding mission.

I boarded the IKS Moon III, checked in with my First officer Porkins, he told me everything was ship shape and Bristol fashion. Which makes a change. I looked at the crew manifest, everything seemed to be in order.

With the last of my checks completed, i ordered our departure. We set course for the Sol system, maximum warp. I must admit i was a little apprehensive of what i needed to achieve. This was not going to be an easy mission.

I had 12 hours before we reached our destination, i had to pay the ships surgeon a visit. He needed to surgically alter my appearance so as to fool the federation security services. This was not going to be pleasant.

6 hours later, my surgery was complete. I checked in the mirror, it seems Dr Tide had done a great job. I had 6 more hours to contemplate what I was about to do, it was a troubling time, certainly restless.

Finally, we had reached the federation boarder, I ordered the cloak to be engaged, I had my fingers crossed that Fay'th Bourne hadn't tampered with this one. It came on line and we were rigged for silent running. So good so far.

It seems my concerns over the cloaking device was misguided, we made it to the planet Earth without incident. I ordered Gaius to enter us into orbit, making sure not to get too close to any of the satellites.

I started to make my way to the transporter room, then I realised, it's a transporter, it can transport me to and from anywhere, quite why we had a transporter room I do not know. Maybe I should ask Kharnski. Anyway, I just hailed the transporter room and told them to beam me to Starfleet academy.

It seemed like a nice place, but there were troubling things going on, there is a massive bridge that spans a volume of what I believe to be water. The bridge seemed to just end at the closest point and then disapeared into the water at the other end. These humans are a strange breed, what possible use coud that bridge serve? I visited the plaques in the surrounding gardens, they were referencing some fool called Booty? I really dont understand this human need to have memorials, surely if they were honourable, they would of had all the glory they needed when they entered sto'vo'kor, though its doubtful that any human could be anywhere close to honourable.

I made my way to the main building, I had a look round, didn't really see anything of interest, a few holodecks, a bar and a rather large queue for, well, I don't even know what it was for.

I was going to infiltrate the queue and find out exactly what was going on, as there really didnt seem to be anything else happening just yet.

I joined the queue, and waited. Waited, and waited some more. I was there so long, I almost fell asleep. At this point, I decided to enlist the help of my crew. I asked the few aliens on board to come down and help me queue up. Kharnski, Gaius and Dr Tide beamed down and stood with me.

The line just didn't move, we were there for 27 hours, and not once did it move. I went to inspect the problem, I made my way out of the queue and had a look at the front of it, and there was the problem, he looked a little like a Pakled, only with a beard and slightly uglier if that's possible. A Tellarite! it looks like we'll never find out what that queue was for now, we cannot stay cloaked forever, so we needed to beam back to the ship and head back to Qo'nos and file my report for Sa'Chang.

One thing I did notice while I was there, just before i left, it looked like all the federation fools were interested in, was the tailor, maybe he had some special skills?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-22-2011, 06:42 PM
This is indeed an issue. Earlier today me and Dr Tide where waiting quite a while in that line, but just like you where experiencing, it didn't seem to move.

I was thinking about taking it up with Academy Command, but I'm to lazy to file one of those reports.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Hmmm... So... Endless waiting in queues happens at Starfleet Academy too? I thought it was just in PvP...

-Big Red Goomba
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Wait Goose, Im still in line holding your spot. I thought you were going to the bathroom, but you went back to Qonos instead?

-Posted from my Iphone 1701
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
Hmmm... So... Endless waiting in queues happens at Starfleet Academy too? I thought it was just in PvP...

-Big Red Goomba
Well, the PvP queue is actually the one left to the queue referred to in this thread. But unfortunately, that line didn't seem to move either.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Wait Goose, Im still in line holding your spot. I thought you were going to the bathroom, but you went back to Qonos instead?

-Posted from my Iphone 1701
We'll seeing as you didnt make it back to the ship, can you just wait it out and let me know what happens?

Theres a good Goomba.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamupp View Post
Well, the PvP queue is actually the one left to the queue referred to in this thread. But unfortunately, that line didn't seem to move either.
Dagnabbit! You mean I was in the wrong line the whole time... Or, to put it another way... My Princess was in another castle?!
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-23-2011, 01:38 AM
I'm still there waiting with Kharnski. Though I believe I saw a sign there that read Klingon Mining Ground Fleet Action Queue. We probably should investigate this further.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-23-2011, 02:08 AM
Damn queue so slow that the *EMH MK I* almost fell asleep.

As far as I know holograms dont need sleep
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-23-2011, 09:45 AM
LoL. All that and I can't quite shake the image of Goose popping Feddies while Jamming to to Taylor Swift. It makes respawning hurt that much more.
Closed Thread